Swiftech H20-220 Compact Extreme

Guest r3d c0m3t_merged

@RHK

Correct. That's what I had learned previous to my post. However, I had also read the directions on how make the Apogee GTX water block bowed, with the all the precautions about not using too much pressure or you'd snap your motherboard. I'm very glad that the cpu copper plate comes pre-bowed on this kit. Swiftech really thought this one out well.

Regarding mounting the heatsink and keeping good IHS pressure, I also found what you posted to be very true with my Big Typhoon. I have it hard mounted and I made it very tight to the cpu. I found that the tighter I screwed it down, the better contact it made. The same will hold true when I mount the cpu block / water pump from this kit.

Guest r3d c0m3t

Hm. After all of this as knowing how great the H20-220C performs, I want Swiftech to release an improved, more powerful radiator; not a 320mm, but a 420 (480mm) radiator.

How awesome would that be?

I mean, I can get the Q6600 to clock at 4GHz now but with a 480mm radiator, it'd be a no-trouble-policy.

I think we should barrage Swiftech with emails requesting a Quiet-Power 420mm radiator with an integrated reservoir. :D

Just add another radiator to your loop. Hang your existing off the back of the case and put the triple rad on the bottom of your case. I'd get a separate pump and cpu block in this case, but the rad/reservoir combo save a bit of space.