9800 XT/ 6800 Ultra single slot please!

Rhythmeister

Hey all, I'm looking for something a little more powerful than my freebie RV350 cored, Hercules 9800 Pro. Any good stuff lying about for me? :drool:

No, i think they only had the 7900GS than went to 7950GT 512Mb AGP afterwards. Even the 7800 series they only offered the GS version and not the GT's or the GTX's.

Now you also have to look at the reason you're requesting for a new video card. Gaming? Graphic Design? Modern Games? Older games? What settings you want to play at (Resolution, HDR, AA, AF, Shadows)?

The fastest AGP cards available as of today would be the ATI X1950XT AGP or nVIDIA 7950GT AGP. Both are expensive though, but than again what do you need this for? :)

P.S: The ATI 9800 series are extinct, hehe....

• 2 weeks later...
No, i think they only had the 7900GS than went to 7950GT 512Mb AGP afterwards. Even the 7800 series they only offered the GS version and not the GT's or the GTX's.

Now you also have to look at the reason you're requesting for a new video card. Gaming? Graphic Design? Modern Games? Older games? What settings you want to play at (Resolution, HDR, AA, AF, Shadows)?

The fastest AGP cards available as of today would be the ATI X1950XT AGP or nVIDIA 7950GT AGP. Both are expensive though, but than again what do you need this for? :)

P.S: The ATI 9800 series are extinct, hehe....

I would like an efficient SM3 card as a cheap upgrade to the underpowered 9800 Pro. I can get me an x800xl but no SM3; x1650 Pro/ XT only has 128 bit memory interface. X19xx cards are WAY too power hungry for this system and would probably not fit in her. :sad:

Not really concerned about AA, AF etc, HDR would be nice as the 9800 Pro can already show this and I'm not moving backwards! :eek2:

This is why I'd like a 9800XT as it's still decent card for games upto and including Prey or anything on that Doom 3 engine and Source engine with it's 256 bit memory interface, it'll even play Condemned nicely on the NF2 Qbic at 2.4GHz w/ 2Gb of OCZ Platinum EL. It's really gonna be used for audio recording but will be a backup LAN machine after the sig rig :cool:

What have you got for me then? :confused: