Corsair Memory Problems

Hi,

ive recently acquired a LP UT RDX200 CF-DR mainboard, and am having a few problems with memory.

heres my current scenario:

AMD Opteron 170 running @ stock

XFX 7600gt PCIe

Hiper Type-M 580w PSU

2x Corsair CMX512-3200XLPRO (512MB, 400MHz, 2.2.2.5)

2x Corsair CMX512-4000XLPRO (512MB, 500MHz, 3.4.4.8)

I am currently running the following ram sticks:

2x Corsair CMX512-4000XLPRO (512MB, 500MHz, 3.4.4.8) In Dual Channel on the orange slots (will not run dual channel in yellow slots)

whenever i try to run the CMX512-3200XLPRO sticks, i can only run them in single channel, without the other set.

as soon as i try to run the CMX512-3200XLPRO sticks in dual channel on either orange or yellow DIMM slots, i get 3 red diagnostic LED's and stays there.

My previous mainboard ran all 4 memory modules simultaneously fine, without me having to adjust any settings.

are there any specific settings for the ram i have to adjust in the bios to get both kits working at the same time.

i know that it is two completely different kits of memory, running at different speeds and timings, but is there anyway at all that i can fix this problem?

any help would be great.

Sometimes these boards don't use particularly great settings when just set to AUTO.

Boot up with a single stick and manually change the timings and voltage to what they are rated for (go with the looser set of course). When running all four sticks set CPC to Disable (2T).

After you set that, make sure she boots okay with the single stick still, then shut down and add one for dual channel. Try to get both sets working in dual channel as just a pair before trying to get all four running together.

Is the board new or used?

board is used, but i reset the bios before i installed everything.

FYI i am currently using it, but only got one set of the memory in.

Just curious where you got it from, if it was from somebody on Ebay they may have sold it for the very same reason you're having problems with it.

Hopefully that's not the case of course. :angel:

bought it at a LAN, person upgraded their pc there, and said that the board had no issues.

i noticed that the bios needed upgrading, and upgraded the bios afterwards as well.

so what your saying, is the following:

bootup into bios

set the looser timings (in this case, it will be from the CMX512-4000XLPRO sticks)

disable CPC

and then i should be able to run all four sticks, making a total of 2gb of ram?

bootup into bios

set the looser timings (in this case, it will be from the CMX512-4000XLPRO sticks)

disable CPC

and then i should be able to run all four sticks, making a total of 2gb of ram?

In theory, yes that should work. Check your voltages though, if the board has a problem with a voltage drop (say you set 2.7v but only see 2.6) on just a pair of sticks, the problem will probably enhanced with 4 sticks (might drop to 2.5 or something). I'm not saying you should overvolt your ram right away, it's just something to check once in Windows to see where you're sitting. It very well may be the reason four sticks won't run on the board.

Remember things are never simple either, so check your secondary timings if you still have problems. I've never used the RDX either, so there may be a common issue with the board that I'm just not aware of.

Guest MadDias

i bought some corsair cmx512 4000xms together with my rdx200.

after a month of trying various settings, which the corsair tech support gave me (the real tech support, not that ramguy on their forum), they still wouldn´t run at their rated speed of 250mhz. i returned them and bought the ram that i have now.

ur mobo might just be incompatible with the ram chips corsair uses on their sticks.

i bought some corsair cmx512 4000xms together with my rdx200.

after a month of trying various settings, which the corsair tech support gave me (the real tech support, not that ramguy on their forum), they still wouldn´t run at their rated speed of 250mhz. i returned them and bought the ram that i have now.

ur mobo might just be incompatible with the ram chips corsair uses on their sticks.

all pc4000 corsair ram is Hynix d 43 except XLs. AMD does not play with Hynix very well they will always give you problems till you give. up :D Also I could not run my TccD on my RDX200 on any divider but the 166 After it was past 215HTT no mater what timings. And by the way this RDX200 was the first dfi board to ever let you run 4 sticks at T1 at the time it came out.

to the poster .

you better take a real good look at them sticks again as i see no XLPROs only LLPROs

That being your never going to get two miss matched pares working together

Look here---- http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44365

Id not put to much time in it as you wont the highest CPU MHz you can get stable. That's going to put you on a Divider. When using a divider you wont to use one that will allow you to use the tightest timings possible . So if it take the 150 or 166 @ 2-2-2-5 then so be it

which the corsair tech support gave me (the real tech support, not that ramguy on their forum),

LOL....he IS the real tech support. The forum is only part of it.

As to the OP, Wil is probably right. These boards do not like Hynix ICs from what I have seen and you certainly won't get them stable mixing them with Samsumg TCCDs. Ideally, if you are going to run 4 DIMMs in any MOBO at all, they need to be EXACTLY matched.

Cheers for the replies guys.... greatly helped.

ok, ive had a play around in bios, but really, i cant get both sets to work at the same time...

so ive decided that im selling these modules and am going to buy a 2gb kit (2x 1gb modules)

does anyone have any recommendations as to what i should buy (im in Australia, so something which can be easily sourced)