New To Overclocking

gbearth

Hi all,

Im new to all of this and would welcome some sound advise.

My system is Processor AMD Althlon XP 2000+

Mother board MSI Ultra

Current processor speed 1692MHz understand max is 3000MHz

Someone advised all I had to do was increase the FBS setting which was set at 133MHz. I could not go any higher that 135MHz after this the system crashed.

Any advise from you experts out there to make it go a little faster would be appreciated.

Thanks

i just started doing this too, and i got a ton of great advice from the faq's on the main page. try that. i used a program called CPUFSB and raised my puny celeron from 733 to 906.5mhz and the fsb to 124mhz. all this on a trigem cognac motherboard. very oc'ing unfriendly. hang in there. there are good people here. i have received some great advice. happy oc'ing!

depending on wich 2000 core you have you could get anywhere from 1800 to 2400mhz no amd chip does 3ghz . if its a older pally core 1.75 voltage is its default speed your looking at around 1800mhz,if its the tbred 1.6 volt default voltage 2ghz to 2.4ghz

Someone advised all I had to do was increase the FBS setting which was set at 133MHz. I could not go any higher that 135MHz after this the system crashed.

When you say "crashed", do you mean it wouldn't POST or get past the BIOS or did Windows not start? What kind of cooling do you have for your case/processor?

Edited by Kemoish