Seagate HDD RMA?

jelly

I have a seagate 320gig drive that just died on me. The drive is 9 months old. When the drive is in the computer it will lock the whole thing up "It will not go past the IDE detect". I used seagates drive check utility and the the computer will lockup. :( I take the drive out and boot the computer with the utility cd in and it works fine. So I was woundering if anyone has RMAed a hard drive with seagate? How was the whole RMA process? Will it be worth my time RMAing the drive or am I better off just buying a new drive? Any input would really be helpful!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Well I RMAed my hard drive to seagate and just got the drive back today. :) I did not get a chance to put the drive in yet " I had to go to work." so I will do it when I get home. I was reading the lable on the drive and seen that the drive is a 500gig drive! :cool: Seagate did not have any 300gig drives to send me so I got the next best thing! You do not get a new drive from seagate when you RMA a drive, you get a refurbished. But I got a 5year warranty with the drive! If you have a seagate drive that is dead it is so worth sending it in to get in replaced!