875p-t & P4 650

Hi Guys, Got a real problem on my hands any advice would be very much appreciated recently just purchased DFI lanparty 875P-t mobo with Intel p4 650 3.4ghz and DDR 400 ram 1gb.

I put it all together and here the problem lies it powers up detects cpu and memory then it cuts out and just repeats itself i just cant seem to get any further with it .

Does this board have some kind of issue with that CPU or do i need dual channel memory to run this.

I,m totally lost at the moment Please help.

Cheers Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to the information on these forums i eventually managed to solve this problem DFI sent me out a new updated bios chip now my rig is up and running and looking good this board has so much overclocking potential.

• 3 weeks later...

i haven't logged onto this site in quite some time...saw a feloow 875p-t owner's thread and that caught my attention...i was going to say that your mobo had an older bios, one that did not support 64-bit. my way around that was i flashed my bios with my old 520, then installed my 640

it sucks that dfi dropped support for this board. i've had this board for over 2 years. it's the best mobo i have had so far. i will be giving up on it eventually.

• 11 months later...
Thanks to the information on these forums i eventually managed to solve this problem DFI sent me out a new updated bios chip now my rig is up and running and looking good this board has so much overclocking potential.

Hi Clarky.

I also have a DFI - 875p-t, I was just wondering what your BIOS version is now after DFI sent you the new bios chip?