Advice needed

prosser13

I've got some options, need some advice please

1. Used, lapped Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 - £10 delivered from a mate.

2. Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro - £11.50 delivered from Scan if I get enough posts on Hexus in the next week or so (Free delivery offer)

3. Any other cooler? Maybe a Tuniq Tower 120 or a Big Typhoon used and cheap?

I don't care if its used

My thoughts on the options above:

1. Could give better temps than a Pro as its lapped (and I know its well lapped) and I like the AC64, but would a Pro give better or equal performance without being lapped? What difference in temps would it give me compared to my one?

2. This looks like a good deal, but is it worth it? How much better will the cooling be?

3. Think one of these would drop low enough in price to be worth it? TT120 retails at £36 and the BT at £26 over here...

I'll have another go at lapping my stock heatsink too, if I can do it properly there wouldn't be much point going for the lapped AC64...how should I lap properly

The Tuniq Tower 120 is pretty much the best cooler on the market right now. Theres actually a new cooler, the GeminII, which can be described better as a 240mm radiator with heat pipes than anything else, but I don't think it's available in the US yet and I wouldn't recommend it if it was, because nobody knows anything about it yet.

Lapping is pretty easy from what I hear. You can find a more detailed tutorial on the forum, under "Street Tutorials". Look under the Evercool VC-RE modification tutorial.