microill

My current setup:

N4 SLI-DR (bios: 2006/04/06)

Toledo 4400+ x2

Truepower 2.0 550w

Corsair Ram CMX1024-3200c2pt (2x) dual channel

Zalman 9700 HSF w/ AS5

[^cpuz 1.38 reads the ram as CMX1024-3200c2]

Right now I pretty much have everything on auto with loaded default optimized settings in bios.

Here is what I got by just barely messing with the buss? speed.

Core Speed 2508.8 MHz

Multiplier x Bus speed 11.0 x 228.1 MHz

Memory Frequency 228.1 MHz (CPU/11)

CAS# Latency (tCL) 3.0 clocks

RAS# to CAS# (tRDC) 3 clocks

RAS# Precharge (tRP) 3 clocks

Cycle Time (tRAS) 8 clocks

Bank Cycle Time (tRC) 7 clocks

DRAM Idle Timer 256 clocks

Command Rate 1T

This is the highest buss(?) speed I've been able to get without windows corrupting it's registry and not booting et all. I've been running this current setup for about two weeks now and it's been stable.

So I'm pretty new to overclocking and I'm totally clueless as to what settings to tweak... What can I change to get a higher stable overclock?

Any help would be great appreciated :)

edit: I should probably add that all I want to use this setup for is gaming. I don't want to "extreme" overclock but rather get a stable o/c that gains me a few more fps :D

read the a64 overclocking guide provided on these forums (http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28049), and it will teach u everything u need to know. You have to find the max of your ram and cpu individually first (shown in the guide) before you can start mixing different combinations of settings, so you know your limits.

Thanks

^^^^^^^ Good advice.

But before you do that read the rules you agreed to. Pay particular attention to rules #4, #5 and #10.

microill has agreed to the following rule(s):

DFI-Street Rules (64-bit)

Oops, sorry about that.

Highest stable was 166/ *280 giving me a 2800 clock that seemed stable (didn't run memtest/prime, just ran benchmarks for an hour or two) with temps staying at ~39C full load.

However none of the fps benchmarks improved more than 3FPS, is that normal? I was expecting fps to jump quite a bit from 2.5 -> 2.8.. I'm thinking I might of done something wrong.

Any ideas?