Lanpart UT NF4-SLI DR Expert won't recognize memory

Thats fabulous, but I want to make the board work with the Ram I already have before I run out and blow $300 on some high end DDR.

Ok I went throught this 4 times, PS2 keyboard and all.

I tried with one of each of my patriot sticks.

One would get as far as the Lanparty logo but the system would hard freeze.

The other stick (after repeating the clearing instructions) would get down to one LED and lock, or it would start long beeping at me.

It's at least different from before, but I can't get past the logo or even worse, it will long beep at me.

Any other suggestions?

One thing for sure, I won't be buying cheap memory ever again.

-James

I know this will cause fits but your power supply which thermaltake is it? their is only 1 that is not on the stay away list. It sure sounds like your not getting enough power to your ram. Also a little background on your mother board would help. It's always good to know if where talking about a new board or one bought off ebay or something. http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29248 I alos don't see anywhere that you have followed the build guide to the letter and done a minimul build, Thus using a minimum amount of power and hardware to see if you can post into the bios and load optimised defaults and then test your memory. Sorry posted above. BEEP codes http://www.techadvice.com/tech/B/BeepCode.htm

I know this will cause fits but your power supply which thermaltake is it? their is only 1 that is not on the stay away list. It sure sounds like your not getting enough power to your ram. Also a little background on your mother board would help. It's always good to know if where talking about a new board or one bought off ebay or something. http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29248 I alos don't see anywhere that you have followed the build guide to the letter and done a minimul build, Thus using a minimum amount of power and hardware to see if you can post into the bios and load optimised defaults and then test your memory. Sorry posted above. BEEP codes http://www.techadvice.com/tech/B/BeepCode.htm

I am in error.

It is a CoolerMaster Real Power RS-550-ACLY 550Watt.

I just got another generic set of 512MB and they work perfectly in dual channel mode.

I've decided these patriot sticks are exactly what they are... cheap.

Oddly the patriorts are working ok in my friends non Expert Lanparty board.

I have to assume the expert is pickier about the ram it likes.

-James

Yes it is and power is a big deal with the Expert more so than the other power hungry LPs. Glad to hear it is up and running. We try and tell people it is never a good idea with these boards to skimp on the psu or the ram it will get you every time. Welcome to the street.l Make sure you do stability testing. memtest thru the bios as described in the build guide or you could run into problems later. Don't forget to fix your sig with the correct system specs

Thanks for all the help.

It's rare to find a forum such as this with so many straight to the point suggestions.

Seems almost every forum you visit these days is nothing except trash talking trolls. Not a single one here. It's a nice change of pace.

-James

On behalf of all of us at DFI street thank You for your comments it is always nice to hear. Their are a lot of people who really care about these boards on this forum and give the best advise they can thru lots of experience with these boards you guys know who you are.