Help with Corsair twinx-4000 PT

Having trouble reaching rated 250mhz speed on my new 2GB Twinx2048-4000PT kit. Max memtest stable speed reached so far is only 243mhz @ 3-4-4-8 1T. Tried 2T - no change. Tried new BIOS (704-2BTA). Tried all voltages from 2.5-2.8v. Tried loosening ALL timings. Tried all on AUTO.

Have underclocked my x2 4200+ and increased volts to 1.5v to see if my mem controller was the prob. This chip has been stable up to 3004mhz with value RAM on divider.

If anyone can supply a FULL SET of RAM timings for these sticks I would be grateful. Think the chips are Samsung UCCC?? but waiting for confirmation from RAMGUY at Corsair forum.

BTW, CPU-z (latest version) gives odd SPD readings (3-4-4-10 serial #FFFFFFFF week 255 year 255). Not sure what thats all about. Did try 3-4-4-10 even though package and sticks are labelled 3-4-4-8.

Having trouble reaching rated 250mhz speed on my new 2GB Twinx2048-4000PT kit. Max memtest stable speed reached so far is only 243mhz @ 3-4-4-8 1T. Tried 2T - no change. Tried new BIOS (704-2BTA). Tried all voltages from 2.5-2.8v. Tried loosening ALL timings. Tried all on AUTO.

Have underclocked my x2 4200+ and increased volts to 1.5v to see if my mem controller was the prob. This chip has been stable up to 3004mhz with value RAM on divider.

If anyone can supply a FULL SET of RAM timings for these sticks I would be grateful. Think the chips are Samsung UCCC?? but waiting for confirmation from RAMGUY at Corsair forum.

BTW, CPU-z (latest version) gives odd SPD readings (3-4-4-10 serial #FFFFFFFF week 255 year 255). Not sure what thats all about. Did try 3-4-4-10 even though package and sticks are labelled 3-4-4-8.

Not much help, but yes they are UCCC chips.

Have already tried searching web for timings and tried about a half a dozen suggested settings for Samsung UCCC (in addition to my own guesswork). There are just so many variables with this Mboard. Also I am not sure the sticks are not faulty!. Will keep experimenting but some specific timings for this RAM might help me tell if the sticks are faulty.

EDIT: Oops sorry. Didn't see the link staring me in the face. Too many beers probably ! Thanks - will try these settings

I just ordered that ram for my new expert board.. Im rma'ing it. First off..mine wouldnt even run at 1t at any settings..Called corsair and was told that the ram is supposed to be run at 2t on the expert board.. Okay so im running it at 3-4-4-8 2t with 2.8v. Fsb 250 running 1/1 with ram running 250. I keep getting random lockups. So i run the pc at stock and ram at ddr400 speeds..same thing. I put my old corsair xms512 c2pt and it runs smooth as silk at 2-3-3-6 1t. The corsair xms 4000pt passed all memtests with flying colors too.. This ram was too expensive to have to play games with to get it to work.. Ill bite the restocking fee and send it back.. Im getting this to replace it:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820227210

Well, my old favorite is to see if you have a failing DIMM first. Load the rated timings manually, set the voltage to 2.8v, and try 3-5 passes with each DIMM individually with www.memtest.org

Once we make sure you don't have a weak or failing module, we can go from there. There is also a TCCD memory tuning guide here somewhere by Johnrr6 (I think). I'll check into it. Let me know what Memtest shows.

OK manually set 3-4-4-8 all other settings auto 2.8v. One module passes, the other fails at same point in memtest as I was getting errors before (Test 5 Block move 98% done). In dual channel mode I only got a dozen or so errors this time I got THOUSANDS. Tried this module in orange & yellow slot. Same result.