Expert Board- which memory would you pick?

laserred

OK, I've got the Team Xtreem Cronus 2x1GB, and it seems their max OC is right around 268MHz. I am slowly fiddling with settings but you all know it takes a longer time to dial memory in than the CPU. I am eyeballing a set of the Mushkin eXtremes (used to be called Redlines) rated at 3-3-2-8. My Team stuff so far is 3-3-3-7@265MHz, but I don't know how high the Mushkin stuff will go? Or, what is another set of DDR 2GB kit that will hit 300MHz or higher on memory clocks? I would like something without crazy relaxed settings, since the Team stuff will go pretty high at 3-3-3-7. I'm looking to keep it under $300 if possible. Thanks!!

Honestly, unless you can find a good used pair, the new kits are not really much to talk about.

If you can get them to run with 250-260 HT, you would not expect more.

I have a set that can scale to 285 but then again most would not recommend these.

I have a 1GB kit of Kingston HyperX that runs 2-2-2-5, but will only usually hit DDR440-450. Should I just use these, and adjust the memory multiplier accordingly, or should I up the FX-55's multiplier and keep the memory at 1:1? Actually, once I look at it, 225HTTx13 is 2925MHz, which with the Team memory was about all the FX could handle- so it might actually be a match made in heaven!