Won't show more than 1.6v????

Albo

I've upped the juice to my CPU over the past day from 1.58v to 1.63v, but all the way through CPU-Z and SmartGurdian never showed more than 1.6? Why is that?

Until you are using a program that has been calibrated against actual measured voltage, you'll do your components a favor by assuming the value set in the Bios is the correct value.

This is whack! My temps are fine so I went for it and upped it to 1.67v - but I can't get it stable!!! It's only at 2670. I read people with the same CPU as me getting 3Ghz at around 1.5v. I've lowered RAM and HTT, so it's not those causing the issues. Any ideas?

This is whack! My temps are fine so I went for it and upped it to 1.67v - but I can't get it stable!!! It's only at 2670. I read people with the same CPU as me getting 3Ghz at around 1.5v. I've lowered RAM and HTT, so it's not those causing the issues. Any ideas?

What are your temps? 1.67v is way too much voltage to put into a chip running on air cooling.

It could also help a bit if you showed us the stepping of your chip, but since this is a thread about not getting over 1.6v, I'll leave it alone.

Just because other people had success with their chips, doesn't mean you will. Each chip overclocks independently of others. My 3700 only reached 2.75GHz with 1.47v, and required ridiculous volt bumps to get it to 2.8GHz stable. I stuck with 2.75GHz because it was good enough for me.

Not sure, but it could also be a part of your setup/settings. I have to figure out why my 165 tops out a 2.6GHz with 1.45v.