Ti4600 Oc'ing

turkish

I have a stock heatsink on my asus ti4600. I want to take it out and put artic silver 3 by removing the old gunk they put int here. Then put the stock heatsink bak in. Anybody know a website wher eit tells you how to do this step by steP? Or any one wanna give me instructions? Please help....

Edited by turkish

Ya i got the same card! Great vga card just test different speeds and you will be fine. g'luck

Why, thank you for that post that had absolutely no relevency to the question itself.

Anyhow, for turkish:

You need to get the stock hs off of there. I'm not familiar with the 4600, but my guess is that it's thermal taped to the card. If this is the case, then you need to do either one of two things to remove it:

A) Get the card really hot (run 3DMark03 for half an hour), then quickly shut the system down, grab the hs, and twist. Might take quite a bit of hard twisting, but it will eventually come off.

B) Put the card in an antistatic bag and into the freezer for an hour or so, then take it out and get a screwdriver and pry it off. I personally don't like this method, I feel like it could really hurt the card more than it could help.

Then, apply your AS3 and find some way to reattach the hs. I personally use a silicon adhesive called Household Goop, but you can use super glue. Just keep 2 opposing corners of the chip free from AS3, drop some adhesive on it, and push your heat sink back on. Voila! Complete.

Trios

i think i might end up getting a better heatsink for the ti4600. I 'm thinking about the vantec vga cooling kit or the thermaltake one. These are relatively cheap. I got two questions tho. Any one know of a better vga cooling kit for the Geforce 4s? My second question is, if i do get the new vga kit, i'll prolly have to apply AS 3 to it anyway, right?