Cant get to BIOS

First of all Hi to everyone. (This being my first post and all)

Im having strange problems with my mobo. I Tried to search this and a couple of other forums for similar problems but I have found none.

My problem basicly is that my computer doesnt load BIOS when I press DEL during the POST. It just loads Black Screen with a flashing horizontal typing line, just like in the movie The Matrix (and no it doesnt tell me to folow the white rabit... though I wish it would :sad:)

When I reset CMOS and boot my mobo leds show me "7F" and it reads in the POST "CMOS checksum error". If I press DEL to get to BIOS it freezes on "The Matrix" Screen, and shows the same CMOS checksum error after I restart the computer. If I press F1 to continue my computer boots normaly and loads my OS (WIN XP OEM SP2). After this it doesnt show "CMOS checksum error" on the POST (or any other errors), but it freezes when I press del to get to the BIOS.

I have tried to reflash BIOS, Striped my computer to the basic parts and then the reflash, reset CMOS (7h in the reset position), I have triple checked the batery (I have even used a dead battery from old mobo to see if I could get ANY other errors on POST), changed my RAM positions (from Yellow to Orange and back again), Run with both of my RAM sticks in ALL the positions separately.

Is there anything more that can be done? or do I just give up and get a new mobo? And if I that is the case what mobo should I get in replace of the old one?

Guest thespin

Is that Nexus on the recommended PSU list ? Do you have all power connections for the mobo juiced? Do you have ANY wires from the 'old 300W' hooked to the mobo ?

And lastly, do you have any USB devices (besides keyboard and mouse) hooked in when booting ?

The Nexus is not on the Recommended PSU list, but it has been working for 4 months. I use the old 300W to take some load of the Nexus and its not connected to my mobo I only use to power up most of my HD's. I have hooked up all the power connector to my mobo and I have tried to get to the bios with only the necessary hooked up to the system.

I can boot to OS and I have run benchmarks: OCCTPT1.0.2a, Prime95, memtest. nothing seems to wrong with anything EXCEPT I just cant get to the BIOS.

I get the same no mater what I have hooked up to the mobo. It just wont go into the BIOS.

EDIT: just updated my bios via Disket to the latest version 07/28/2006 still nothing. Update went fine only thing was after the update I got "CMOS checksum error" which again went away after I pressed F1 to continue, becouse it just wouldnt go in to BIOS.

Im normaly using PS2 keyboard and I have tried with Logitech's Cordless usb keyboard and with both the same result boots up ok but I cant get to Bios.

I tried with another Nexus NX-5000 PSU from another computer and still I could not get in to the BIOS. So I think im calling this mobo BUSTED! and going to bed... just goes to show that murphys laws are still in action.

"Where patience fails, force prevails."

one old PS2 keyboard down five more to go. :rolleyes:

Try booting into your Windows installation, and downloading WinFlash and your BIOS from the DFI site, then fallow the instructions given, except flash it 3 times in a row. Make sure you check the clear and rewrite CMOS options, and I feel it to be safer to flash more than once, then restart.

Make sure the jumper is in the correct position on your mobo. IDK, just throwing out there.

Try booting into your Windows installation, and downloading WinFlash and your BIOS from the DFI site, then fallow the instructions given, except flash it 3 times in a row. Make sure you check the clear and rewrite CMOS options, and I feel it to be safer to flash more than once, then restart.

Make sure the jumper is in the correct position on your mobo. IDK, just throwing out there.

Updated BIOS 4 times via WinFlash 3x with Clear CMOS and the last 1 with CMOS defaults. Got the CMOS Checksum error on POST and I couldnt get to BIOS so I continued and it booted up to Windows.

EDIT: So I guess the question now is should I get DFI NF4 mobo or with the new ATI chipset? (the place I bought this mobo doesnt have CFX3200 in stock any more)