I think its dead.

I get no beeps, no video, and the LEDs stop on 2. They countdown and stop on 2. I've tried different video cards, I know my RAM works, I used a different PCIE slot. All power connectors are hooked up, the whole shebang. This system was working perfectly before I took it out of the case to put it in my new Antec Nine Hundred. I think my brother killed my cpu by discharching ESD on it. What do you guys make of this?

2 LEDs indicate an attempt to detect the video card.

Here is the way to read the Diagnostic LEDs.

4 LEDs on = Power applied, checking CPU

3 LEDs on = CPU has been detected OK, checking RAM

2 LEDs on = RAM has been detected OK, checking VGA

1 LED on = VGA has been detected OK, entering BIOS

0 LEDs on = System has booted to the Operating System.

As long as you are in the BIOS including running memtest from the BIOS option, there will be one LED on.

Example: If you are getting 3 LEDs on, it means the rig is having trouble detecting the RAM.

The lower(PCI) Amber LED is the 5VSB indicator. The upper Amber LED is the RAM voltage indicator. Once the rig has started and been shut down the RAM LED will go out until the PSU is power cycled.

This makes no sense. I tried another video card. Same problem. I still get 2 LEDs.

I know for sure that my ram works. I just tried them in another machine, and it worked in my other SLI-DR Expert in the orange slots. They are both in the orange slots now.

I tried the RAM in all different configurations, I even tried a 256MB stick of samsung DDR333, which I know works, as I am typing with it now.

The VGA... I tried a 6200LE, and it gave me the same thing.

What the hell, is the motherboard broken? I'm taking it to Fry's tomorrow so I can try this CPU in another board.

Well, I am pretty thoroughly disappointed in DFI. This is my second board that has been defective. I put all my stuff in an old Abit board and here I am. None of it was broken except that motherboard. What the hell, DFI?

If your brother discharged and killed the CPU, how is it DFI's fault? If he discharged through the CPU, could he also have damaged the MB (or other components) the same way?

Can you borrow a CPU?

Have you tried your old PSU to see if the new one is bad?

Have you done an out of the case build with a minimum system?

How long did you CMOS clear and did you do this one? (http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...4&postcount=24). (I saw one case recently where a guy did a 72 hour CMOS clear while waiting for an RMA and had his system work...).

If your brother discharged and killed the CPU, how is it DFI's fault? If he discharged through the CPU, could he also have damaged the MB (or other components) the same way?

Can you borrow a CPU?

Have you tried your old PSU to see if the new one is bad?

Have you done an out of the case build with a minimum system?

How long did you CMOS clear and did you do this one? (http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...4&postcount=24). (I saw one case recently where a guy did a 72 hour CMOS clear while waiting for an RMA and had his system work...).

Read my last post.

Everything is running fine with an Abit board. CPU and all. Too late now, the board is already being sent to Newegg.

Maybe you should focus your disappointment elsewhere or other than DFI... since this is what you wrote in your first post...""This system was working perfectly before I took it out of the case to put it in my new Antec Nine Hundred. I think my brother killed my cpu by discharching ESD on it."" ESD may not have taken out the cpu but the board instead...

I see it time after time in the forums where the user says...all I did was take the board out of one case to install in another and it will not boot...never had that problem myself...I use a grounding wrist strap to work on the boards just so they do not get a dose of ESD and injure the board or some other piece/part. AND when I deal with a DFI NF4 series board...I pull the battery and put the cmos jumper on pins 2/3 during the swap out, before I ever pull the board from the old case...and I do not put 10 standoffs in the new case...as some cases have in the package 10 standoffs...only 3 rows in line of 3 standoffs.

And the logical progression of events actually was as follows:

1. Board was working fine in "X" case...

2. User pulls board to put in "Y" case...

3. Board now appears defective...

You tell me who or how the seemed failure was initiated? DFI might give you warranty on the board alright enough...but if I were in charge of every rma that was to be honored and " I " read what you wrote...I probably would say you killed the board during the move...it just begins to be too much of this thing where the board is always at fault, when there were many things ocurring to what was a fine working system until a user initiated some change or move to some other setup...that to me does not seem the board is so disappointing...maybe procedure...maybe dust in sockets...or slots...maybe the board was bent or flexed during the moving process...who actually really does know since we were not there...but it seems both highly unfair and suspect to just blatantly say there is disappointment at a board that worked until it was messed with and then seems flawed. IMO.

I also am just about willing to bet that if I had the board in hand and set it up myself with known good parts after I cleared the cmos for 24 hours or so...the board would work fine again...unless of couse it was zapped during the move. Some of the situations I find users reporting, just don't make sense at all...I guess that is life in the fast lane of puters...don't know but I really wonder at some of what I see...because I just don't understand a great deal of what I see happening...oh well...

RGone...:confused:

Well, I am pretty thoroughly disappointed in DFI. This is my second board that has been defective. I put all my stuff in an old Abit board and here I am. None of it was broken except that motherboard. What the hell, DFI?

Guest Retratserif

(I saw one case recently where a guy did a 72 hour CMOS clear while waiting for an RMA and had his system work...).

So true. I was one of those guys. The Expert board almost picks who can use it I swear. J/king. I am sorry you believe it to be DFI's fault. I really believe that either 1.) You have not taken the time to go trouble shoot the proplem or 2.) You brother destroyed your rig.

Either way the problem seems to lie between the Keyboard and the chair.