Medieval 2: Total War

Kingfisher

Do we have any fans here?

If so how is the game so far?

I hear it's Rome: Total War in the middle ages.

I loved the first game, not sure if I want to get the second if it's just like Rome. I did not really like that one so much.

Actually, R:TW was a sequel to Medieval:TW. However, I did not pick up on the series until Rome came out...big fan here.

I just picked this up tonight, I have been too busy playing with GTR:2 and a sig for dfi-street, but i am about to fire it up.

I will try to report back later.

Fry's was selling M:TW2 for less than $40. I was SO HAPPY about that.

I bought the game last night but did not get to play it yet.

I'm too busy with Oblivion still.:)

I will give it a spin sometime today and see how it goes.

Thanks Taowulf, looks like not too many TW fans here at the street.

Just played for a while.

Graphics are a nice upgrade over R:TW, the city management is a bit more complex as you have regular cities and then castles that can concentrate on military units....you can also not change the tax rates for your castles, so that might suck, they are always on normal.

I may never join a crusade again. Half my army deserted before I could get anywhere NEAR Antioch. So annoying. Still trying to figure out some of the agents, there are a lot more than in R:TW. Merchants, Priests, Cardinals, Princesses, and so on. As well as diplomats, spies and assassins. Combat looks good so far, city attacks can be more difficult. I think I will go back to building as many siege weapons as possible....losing a battering ram when you vastly outnumber the enemy is embarrassing.

yeah, so far, so good. Can't wait to get deeper into the game.

But first, some F.E.A.R.

oh, and I was saying PGR2 before. I dont know how I got that stuck in my head, I couldn't think of that earlier tonight. I picked up GTR2, not PGR2. Slight difference in racing games.

I played the game for about 15-2- minutes as England in short campaign. the game froze and I lost my bluetooth mouse connectivity upon restart. Perhaps after they patch it will fix some bugs. The game looks really nice though.

I have been playing for most of the day now, I really like this game. I am trying to unlock the other 12 playable factions by winning a quick game.

The level of detail is so great. I thought M:TW was a deep game.

I like the special agents like the spy and assasin.

The Papacy is annoying, perhaps they could have scaled this aspect of the game back. When you are at war with other catholic factions it's just not right to be constantly told to back off or else by the Pope.

Aww, now you got me curious!

I'm going to have to install M:TW on my nF4 rig and fool with it some more!

EDIT - 10:15PM

Ok, installed the game, went through the "campaign" tutorial to re-familiarize myself, no problem. Then I proceeded to go thorugh the "battle" tutorial, had it freeze up like a brick! Restarted, went back into the tutorial, same thing! (I never went through this battle section - now it looks interesting, too!)

I'm going to do some work - naturally, now I want to play it!

I know what you mean blooz. I was going to play a bit more tonight, but after pushing things a bit here a Casa Taowulf, I am having stability issues.

I started a new campaign, and it crashed. Restarted the rig, tried to play again and didn't make it through a load screen before it started makign funky noises and crashed again. This was after GTR:2 was running flawlessly for about 2 hours.

Made some changes here and now i am running Super Pi 32M before i try again (posting from my laptop).

I really want to play some more, last night i made some mistakes early on and i want to correct them.

One thign I will say is that the standard nations you start with are a little harder off of the bat than the 4 Roman factions in R:TW.

Hooray for difficulty!

There are defijnalty a few issues with this game that a patch will fix. At times I get a random lock-up with that awful squealing noise. Patch is already in the works and will be available within the next few weeks.

I managed to win a short campaign as England to unlock the other 12 factions. I am now starting a long campaign as Scots. I really like this game and it may become one of my all-time favorites.