241x11 vs 265x10 - which is better (is it better)?

Vitas

My rig (see sig) is 12 hours Prime stable @ 2650

Set is 241x11 right now. Memory is 1:1. What is better, considering that memory is DDR500 - to run it 241x11 or 265x10? Will it be different? I don't know yet if memory is 265 capable.

If your memory can handle the speed 265 is of course a more optimized setting. However the difference in performance will probably not be noticeable in anything but synthetic tests.

To decide you have to test what your memory is capable of; and decide as well if you bother pushing it higher.

We have a thread about that particular memory that you're running. If you even look into my Sig, you'll notice i have the same memory. They hit different speeds to be honest with you. They are UCCC chips, very very unpredictable, I know an Admin that just got tired of it and got raid of it (no names but you know who you are). If you can run your memory at 265MHz than your best performance would be 265x10. I got my memory at 260MHz without any major tweaking at all. All i did was set "Default Optimize settings" and just change the Speed, Voltage, and timings to "180 Divider, 2.6v, and 3448-1t. UCCC memory are identicle to women, you just never can figure them out. :P

If I leave it running at 241 (which is under it's spec), can I make it faster somehow? Timings, whatever?

I have seen the thread, and the file, where guys were pushing it to the limits with high FSBs. But did anyone try pushing timings to the limit?

This CPU is no luck :(

You'll find a lot of entries about tighter timings. Tighter timings do make things faster in a sense, but it's still difficult to find applications which would benefit a lot from this. Remember that the memory controller is integrated, so the real possible bottleneck is already gone.

In my personal view it's more a question of how much you enjoy tweaking those timing and how much work you're willing to put into it to get the feeling that you really optimized everything you possibly can. If you're interested why not test and see for yourself if it's worth it. At least you'll have some fun.