Opteron 1210 Issues

hey all, i have the rig in my sig and i decided to try one of these 1210 optis just to see what it could do, but for some reason when installed it would barely post windows if i reset cmos, any time i mad e any adjustments to cmos say for instance changing my ram from 1.8vdimm to 2.1 like its rated for (and thats it) it wont boot windows without crashing or hanging at the C1 code on the mobo, and no luck with changing vcore,frequences,multies or anything else

i worked on this thing for a few hours before putting my 3800 back in, now i realize dfi doesnt officially support optis but generally speaking it should atleast work even if i cant oc it

any ideas, by the way the stepping is CCBYF 0632TPMW

i was wondering about that, i havnt scene any new bios's out for this board yet, i guess ill have to try it again after they get a new bios out, although in the bios post screen it did recognize it as a opteron 1210 so who knows

well dotn base to much on this i guess, after some work ive gotten to go at 2000mhx and it seems to be working now atleast, and i had it up to 2200mhz but had to reboot and then the board kept giving me the change your cpu setting

i think theres either 1 of 2 things going on with my setup, i have phase and im not to sure how these am2 cpu's are reacting to it allthough these memory controllers in these guys are the same steppings for non coldbugged 939 versions, butthis could be a problem none the less

also i have one of the first boards that came out so i am thinking that maybe the first batch of these boards had some duds or something kind of like the expert 939 boards did

oh well just have to wait for the 65nm chips to come out and give that a try

do not expect any Opteron cpu's to be supported

AMD won't allow us to officially support Opteron on the desktop, and at this time, DFI has no interest in fixing a bios for an Opteron cpu to work on our boards (because our boards are not server-class, and I did just mention that AMD won't allow it)

If you get an Opteron to work on the board, that is fine, but don't plan on getting any support for it from me, Rgone, nor DFI.

It isn't intended to be rude. It is intended to let you know the reality of the situation.

I wonder if the 3rd party BIOS hacks will offer what you need?

Yeah, those are also not supported by DFI...

happpy_games i understand your position and everythings cool i was jsut mainly looking to see if anyone else here has had any experience with these chips, however i am beginning to think part of the problem is either my ram (crucial ballistic 2x1gb) is the culprit allthough i know both sticks are good, ive also tried my friends 4200x2 with minimal succes like maybe a 100 200 mhz oc and my 3800 is about the same

considering some of the ocs that people are getting on this board with similer setups i am beginning to think its this board which is a bummer but oh well maybe dfi will come out with another 590 or ill just have to get another board eventually and see how it works

well just because we won't support Opterons doesn't mean Rgone and I aren't trying to get one ;)

the NF590 SLI board overclocks extremely well...but like everything when it comes to overclocking, it is about having the right COMBINATION of hardware

you can't just buy one part and expect it to blow every overclock away that you previously had...and you got to spend anywhere from 2-8 weeks with a hardware setup to really get the top-end feel for exactly how well it will perform.

personally, I like the Infinity NF4 Ultra-II AM2 board better than the NF590 SLI

and it is a lot cheaper...!

well i probably should have done some more research before i dived into this am2 thing but oh well, if i figure out something that works with these guys ill post back with the results, i must admit though i do like my lp sli-d way more then this thing so far

i dunno if this would help too much or not.. but i use to have a dfi infinity ultra II - M2 board.. and i got roughly 2.4ghz stable with the opt 1210 then after 2 weeks i ended up changing out to get an abit an9 32x at first i couldnt get but over 2.2ghz at first.. had it running with 1.5v [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected].. found out wat i did wrong was i still had my ram running at ddr800 wen i oc.. so i put it down to run at ddr400 and now im running 2.8ghz with 1.4v with zalman 9500... i will test with the infinity again later on in the weekend and come back with some result if you want.. but i wouldnt see why ur board doesnt like the oc at all

rig

opt 1210

abit an9 32x

ocz ddr800 gold

zalman 9500