Bios question

I just re-read this and it appears that you can flash your bios cause you say when "you load optimzed defaults" that is when it fails to boot and you get 3led......

Is it not just that your mem timings are too tight etc with the new bios you flashed to compared to the older bios. Have you tried slacking mem timings off and maybe knocking the vdimm up a notch rather than optimized defaults when your in the bios?

There is a thread here about corsair ram and timings on DFI NF4 found it here. Maybe you can find something usefull in there.

Logan

I tried relaxed settings with the newer bios compared to the settings achieved with the 3-10-05 bios. I also bumped the memory voltage up to 2.8 with no success. Thanks for your suggestion Logan.

Anyone have any other ideas?

I just re-read this and it appears that you can flash your bios cause you say when "you load optimzed defaults" that is when it fails to boot and you get 3led......

Is it not just that your mem timings are too tight etc with the new bios you flashed to compared to the older bios. Have you tried slacking mem timings off and maybe knocking the vdimm up a notch rather than optimized defaults when your in the bios?

There is a thread here about corsair ram and timings on DFI NF4 found it here. Maybe you can find something usefull in there.

Logan

Thanks for the info::

I went to the link in your post and printed off the settings.

I am not having any problems with my system at all.

Just for kicks I went into bios and set everything like the link says.

My system refused to boot.

I had to clear cmos and then load optomized defaults, then back into bios and set some things like I want.

I now have my system up and running like it was before changing the memory settings.

I will say this with my bios 6/24, those settings do not work.

I guess these are for people that are having problems.

Bobyjo, could you post your RAM settings?

I'm just curious since you also have Corsair ram installed.

I'm also open to any other suggestions to get my board flashed to a bios that supports X2 CPU's.

Thanks all!

Bobyjo, could you post your RAM settings?

I'm just curious since you also have Corsair ram installed.

I'm also open to any other suggestions to get my board flashed to a bios that supports X2 CPU's.

Thanks all!

I only set to Optomized Default.

Therefore the memory is set to SPD default.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any additional suggestions? I would really like to upgrade to a X2 processor but can't due to my board booting only with the 3-10-05 bios.

Also, any idea why no matter what I set my DRAM voltage to it reads between 2.49-2.53 in bios? I have tried from 2.7 to 2.9 and Smart Guardian or MBM read between 2.49-2.53 as well as the bios.

YOu could always get another cpu X2 install and then flash your mobo, the new cpu with the new memory controller will need new memory timings anyway so your gonna have to start from scratch anyways.....

Logan

You would recommend installing the X2 prior to the flash?

Also, any thoughts on my DRAM voltage question? Could this be my problem given the board does not seem to handle the dram voltage properly? My CPU voltage readings changed when I up the voltage on the CPU.

Any thoughts?