Expert not posting from cold boot, please help!

Last night I turned on my computer (Opteron 165/DR-Expert), which has been running like a champ for months, but it kept getting stuck at post. The only thing that would come up during post is "Main Processor: Dual Core AMD Opteron Processor 165, and then it just sits there at that point. So I tried resetting the CMOS, and then I was at least able to get into the BIOS, changed everything back to stock, saved and exited. Then it gets stuck at that same point again. I reset the CMOS overnight, to see if that would help matters, and it didn't. Right after clearing CMOS I am able to hit delete and get into the BIOS, but as soon as I save anything in there and restart, it freezes during post, not letting me do anything. I've tried like 10 different times, and nothing seems to be working. There are some files I really need to get off of that computer today, but can't get it to finish posting for the life of me. I would really like to avoid switching around components between my two computers to test what is wrong, but can if I must. I just thought I'd check here and see if anyone has ever had a similar problem, and see what might cause this. Thanks in advance!

Now another thing to add, a couple of times when I have actually been in the BIOS, it freezes on me. What would cause this, power supply, bad cpu, bad ram? A couple of times after I cleared the CMOS, and just let it boot, it actually gets to the Windows loading screen, and then the BSOD comes up. This is driving me nuts!

Are you Loading Defaults Settings from the BIOS? Maybe put your memory timings in get booted.

If you have not tested those memory start by enabling memtest in the BIOS and test #5 and #8 for 15-20 passes each. Then do all test for 20 passes. This is to rule out your memory been an issue.