DFI RS482 usb issues?

Hi everyone, im new to this forum but i am a member of a few other computer related ones.

I've got an issue with my DFI Infinity RS482 that needs immediate addressing, and since this is a site dedicated purely to DFIs, i was hoping i could find a solution.

Since purchase i have been unable to get my USB2.0 Controller working. After enabling in bios, it will cause the system to freeze upon startup, and when trying to reinstall windows with the option enabled, i can't even enter setup, and the computer freezes as 'window is starting' appears at the bottom of the screen.

Anybody got any ideas? I really need my usb ports working as i can no longer use my camera, iriver, or logitech g7 at all.

Thanks, aiks

Welcome to the forums, could you make a sig with all the hardware you are using and the bios version?

I have never encoutered this prob, but will try and help.

I would wait for some other recommendations, or maybe a bios flash.. but ensure your system is stable before you flash.

RS482 bios

Im using the 82DMD321 version.

umm..bios revision..its the latest one on the dfi website. not too sure which one it is. if i flash my bios with the revision you gave me wont it set default values (ie. making my system stable) anyway?

cheers, aiks

Okay i tried the update and it still hasnt fixed my usb issue. Do you think i should RMA the board? i really want to restrain from doing so, because i really need this computer up and running as i have my exams coming up...

cheers, aiks

I had a similiar problem with my current motherboard. Basically, I had to disable the onboard USB 2.0 controller.

You could RMA the board or shell out $15 for a cheapo USB 2.0 PCI card. I'm using a Rosewill with an NEC chipset. This setup is working fine for me. I use the onboard controller just for my input devices whle all storage devices connect to the PCI card (and the hub attached to it).

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?...N82E16815166002

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone, im new to this forum but i am a member of a few other computer related ones.

I've got an issue with my DFI Infinity RS482 that needs immediate addressing, and since this is a site dedicated purely to DFIs, i was hoping i could find a solution.

Since purchase i have been unable to get my USB2.0 Controller working. After enabling in bios, it will cause the system to freeze upon startup, and when trying to reinstall windows with the option enabled, i can't even enter setup, and the computer freezes as 'window is starting' appears at the bottom of the screen.

Anybody got any ideas? I really need my usb ports working as i can no longer use my camera, iriver, or logitech g7 at all.

Thanks, aiks

hi, to the other side of the earth:)

hope your problem is fixed. i just put a system together with this board and don't have that problem or any other.

1. do you checked your connections, as someone sugested?

2. are you booting with the usb perifericals connected?

3. You have updated the bios. did you check the items regarding the usb connections?

regards.

• 1 month later...