Blue Screens Blue Screens and Blue Screens

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

dear all, i'm still in trouble..But i got a clue...I got bsod screen each time 'im using emule...

SO what can i do? (Don't say i've to stop the mule...)

Thank you in advance for your help

In addition I got a new 250gbs hdd which is plugged in the sata 2 port, so I have 2 hdd of 250gbs in sata ports 1 et 2 and an old one in IDE (slave)

---> Problem with sata and ide on nforce 3 boards? perahps we can't mix both?

AFAIK SATA ports 1 and 2 aren't locked so if you overclock your system you overclock your HDD(s) which is very bad.

Also I have seen other posts where people using a SATA for the OS is causing problems. Could you install your OS on the IDE (plus if its the only drive on the IDE you can set it to master).

As to the nforce drivers don't install them all at once and you can skip the HDD drivers.

Dear all,

I tried to install windows on my ide hdd but i got some another problem with one of my sata hdd...after having installed some softwares...(drivers, nero, ktv)

So I decided to reinstall yesterday...but I got plenty of bosds yesterday evening...So tonight i'll try to ake a new installation on a sata hdd wihout any ide hdd...

I'm really feed up mith this motherboad..I hope it'll work...

To be continued

I have a SATA setup in my RIG. I had severe problems when I tried mixing SATA and IDE drives. First things first. In the BIOS set your DDRAM to SPD values to isolate the problem andyour RAM/FSB ratio to 1/1 @ 200Mhz .Then remove the IDE drive and plug your SATA drives into sata 3/4.Go into the BIOS and make your NVIDIA RAID decision. Is your SATA drive recognized by the NVIDIA chipset? Now do a fresh install of Windows and make sure that you have the Nvidia SATA drivers on a CD of floppy. During the initial stage of the install pay very close attention and press F6 when the install process asks if you need third party SATA drivers. Follow very carefully what the install says to do. I only use my spare IDE drives as external storage in an external case. It prevents me from having Booting grief. My circumstance could have been a bit more complex than yours as I was playing around with multi booting Windows x86/ x64 and Linux.

What OS are you using? Is it x86 or x64? If you are using Windows XP Pro x64 there will be x64 drivers required.

Here is the link to the NVIDIA Drivers http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Since your SIG shows a single SATA drive, do not attempt to set up RAID :eek: . Both RAID0 and RAID1(mirror and Stripe sets respectively) require a minimum of two identical drives. RAID5 requires a minimum of 5 drives.

Ooh I discovered another thing...I've never installed amd 64 driver...is it really important?

When you do an OS install,Windows will install the driver as part of the OS. If you do install the updated driver make sure that you leave the cool n'quiet disabled if you want to overclock.

What specific OS are you attempting to install? That has not been made clear in your SIG or in any of your posts in this thread

Does someone have a link to sata drivers?

Can I use this?

http://www.station-drivers.com/page/silicon%20image.htm

I had grief when I tried to use the on-board Sil3114 RAID and simply used the NVIDIA RAID. The setup is far simpler. I see in one of your posts that you now have three 250GB SATA drives. Consider doing RAID0 Stripe w/64Kor 32k with two of your drives and leave the other as storage. If you RAID all three drives you will probably be disappointed when you find that instead of 750GB you have 250 GB available. That is how RAIDO/1 works. Spanning or JBOD configuration will give you the sum of the disks you put in the array.

RAID in mirror configuration has much slower disk access time.