A Amd question.

When I look at these chips on newegg I see that the only major difference between these series numbers is either cache or proccesor speed is there any real difference in the design of the chips that make on more effecient then the other? Or are all these chips the same basic design with some minor alterations that increase chip speed, is the duel core chip any different or are they just two athlon64 chips put on one piece of material and bridged together, and finally is the FX series really a different chip design or just the best of the athlon64 series?

Right now the way things look the 3500 athlon64 and the 3700 have the same proccesor speed but different cache the same with the 3800 and the 4000. Is the 3700 the 3500 but with 1MB of Cache? If so then is the 4400 just two 3700's put together?

When I look at these chips on newegg I see that the only major difference between these series numbers is either cache or proccesor speed is there any real difference in the design of the chips that make on more effecient then the other? Or are all these chips the same basic design with some minor alterations that increase chip speed, is the duel core chip any different or are they just two athlon64 chips put on one piece of material and bridged together, and finally is the FX series really a different chip design or just the best of the athlon64 series?

Right now the way things look the 3500 athlon64 and the 3700 have the same proccesor speed but different cache the same with the 3800 and the 4000. Is the 3700 the 3500 but with 1MB of Cache? If so then is the 4400 just two 3700's put together?

Okay, the socket 939, I assume is what your looking at, offers Single or Dual Core, the Dual Core CPUs offer two cores not two processors, the FX chips are the fastest stock chips and the Multiplier on the chip is unlocked....Where as the non FX chips are locked at there stock multiplier or less...

The cache size is not extremely important but having a 2x1mb Cache is slightly better, and said to be a little less overclockable when compared to the 2x512 cache....

In general they are all variations of each other, some chips are able to run at higher speeds than others....thats about it....