DFI LANPARTY UT nF3 250Gb Good Buy?

Ive just bought a DFI LANPARTY UT nF3 250Gb mobo and awaiting arrival and i would just like to know of any problems or updates i.e. bios i might need to do. My old board was a MSI k8n neo platinum n-force 3, ive had nuthing but problems and the last thing i suspected was the board but its either that or the processor but seeing i dislike the board i opted for one of these nice dfi ones. The problem i had was it kept randomly crashing and i could not get it to boot with my default ram settings. I ended up buying new psu and new memory and i probably didnt need to but awell they good . anyways :P.

Also a little problem i dont want to lose all my data by doing a fresh install as i dont have anything to back it up on really. Is it possible to just delete all the old drivers from my old mobo or will i even have to seeing it was n-force 3?

I would like to know if my spec below is fully compatible with this board:

windows xp pro x64 + Windows xp pro sp2

amd athlon 64 3400+

gigabyte 3d rocket cpu fan

tagan easycon 530w 33a @ 12v

mushkin 2 x 1gb ddr xp4000 extreme performance 3-4-3-8 2.8v

2 x 200gb s-ata seagate 7200rpm

nvidia geforce 6800gt 256mb

samsung syncmaster 913n 19" tft

chieftec aluminium dragon (4 thermaltake fans)

campaq dvd 16x dvd reader drive

samsung dvd re-writer drive

AS 1033 5.1 surround sound 190w

Welcome to the street. Now let the fun Begin

see the hot links in my Sig

Your specs look good but you wont to use memory slots 1 & 3 and sata ports 3 and or 4 if you plain to have any fun

and a new OS install im afraid is in order

you might try to uninstall all the drivers and do a OS repair

Depends on what's already loaded. I found the 504 to be very good. I used the 623, but only because I moved to my E3 Newark. The 5.10 drivers are good, stay away from 5.11. I personally used the 8.22 remix from Guru 3D. I found them to be very stable, but I'm not real sure they made that much difference. I also had a couple of quirks. I found that none of the odd CPU multis worked. A few others had this as well, but very few. There was also a more common problem of just the X9 Mulit not working. You can search for this, but, it may have been fixed. I also found that the 186 mem divider didn't work, wouldn't even boot, but that may have been my memory, although I tried it on OCZ Plat Rev2 (TCC5) and on my Centon (TCCD).

Overall though, I had a lot of fun with mine, and this forum helped a lot. I liked it much better than this Infinity I have now.

the 504 is the best allaround bios. the 623 is good if you are trying to run BH-5 memory chips

And when installing the OS DO NOT install the ide/firewall stuff has big problems

you can get the bios from eather tmods CD here on the street (just do a search for Tmod ) or at DFI web site. the 5.10 drivers you got to get from nvidia. But if you got the CD that came with the board? the drivers on it work just fine I ran them drivers for 6 months closked at 345X8 not a problem

But then again im not useing pro 64