Today I woke up to the sound of an alarm coming from my computer. I tried to shake the mouse but everything was frozen. Then I tried to turn of the computer. That didn't work. Then I pressed the reset which worked. However it froze again at the LanParty image, then it moved on and froze after it had backed up the CMOS. So next I turned it off and then the power supply, I left it off for a few secs. When I tried to turn it on nothing. No LED no beep nothing. I checked the cable in the back. Tried to push it further into the connection on the PS. I wiggled it a little and heard a very faint electical sound like buzz. What now?

is there any thing from the psu if so

--- is the motherbourd light on and one next to ddr slots

if there power on your mobo there should be lights

turn on pc and what does the diag lights say?

if its power then try and swap out the family pc psu and see if it boots

hi if you got no power to mobo how did you receive the error message?

oh hard disks and cd roms dont stop power from being turned on unless there a short cirtiut so if you got power you should be able to get in the bios

my advice is to unplug all disk drives and just boot up with one stick of ddr and cpu and mobo and gfx

then report back if there completly no power at all not even a millisecond surge when you press the power button if it does that then its a short circiut

cya m8 good luck and report back :)