SATA drive install issues

Hey, so glad you guys exist. I don't have enough experience with SATA drives/drivers to help myself so hopefully someone here can!! I just put in two new WD 250GB SATAII drives(part numbers in sig). Well they show up on boot, in bios, in device manager, even in the safely remove hardware dialog!! But sad to say not in Windows Explorer :sad: I have booted from win xp pro disc and f6'ed it. (S)ed to specify new device, popped in the driver disc that came with my nF4 and it goes to work at it for 5 seconds or so then I get the following love letter:

"File txtsetup.oem caused an unexpected error (1024) at lin 1747 in d:xpsprtmbasebootsetupoemdisc.c.

Press any key to continue"

And this is where I am at. I have one of the same hard drives in and running that I put in a while back and this process worked fine. As far as I remember, that is. It says the error is in the d: so I am wondering if it is a problem with my XP cd? When I try to read the dfi driver floppy in windows it won't do it? (don't know if this is typical or not) So any help I can get at this point would be fan-freakin-tastic!! Thank you, thank you.

Maybe this will solve it:

Control Panel / Computer Managment / (in the tree look for...) Disk Managment

If you there can see the hard drives you could give them a drive letter and format them.

Edit: about the above written, try first to formate and see if windows gives it a letter; probably need to reboot.

It had to be that simple!! I still have no idea why the xp boot method worked the first time and not this time but results are just that. You are hereby intitled to my first born! Created primary partition and formated unallocated space and I have a G:. Thank You, Thank you!!

Sorry would have replied sooner but formatting the 250gb wasn't the fastest ordeal and I didn't want to say I was ready to eat the cookies before I had the milk! So I was downstairs playing zelda while it was going. Again Thanks!