Dual Boot options for UT Ultra-D?

I remember seeing at one point an option in the bios to allow me to have two C drives on my system and it would give me the option during boot up which one I wanted to use? Was this just my imagination or is this real? I want to use this feature while setting up my Raid.

Guest Kobalt

What you mean 2 C drives?

You just need a boot loader on the main boot drive, so it knows what OS you want to install. The OS can be on any drive/partition.

I remember seeing at one point an option in the bios to allow me to have two C drives on my system and it would give me the option during boot up which one I wanted to use? Was this just my imagination or is this real? I want to use this feature while setting up my Raid.

A "C" drive is how windows by default wants to label the first hard-drive or partition of a hard-drive. Since it's just a label it's not in any way "printed" in the hardware. In a Linux for example you would find other labels or addresses, like hda (IDE-drive) or sda (SATA-drive). But, the links Mack gave you will explain it more thoroughly.

After I got home tonight I found what I thought was the dual boot option. I can hit ESC during boot up and it brings up the Boot First menu, this is what I saw previously but didn't read the heading, my mistake.

Thanks anyway.

You can use the Boot Menu to dual boot if you want, its more annoying than boot loader. I have two HDs, one has windows installed to the MBR the other GRUB. If I select the Win HD I end up in windows, other wise I have it defaulted to booting to Linux.