Dfi LpUTNF4 Sli-Dr-Expert "PCi-E" question

I've seen some pictures where the pci-e graphics card has been installed to the pci-e slot 2 !!?? Is there any reason why to not install it there ??? My 7900GTX cards do not fit properly , because my cpu & mobo coolers "Si-120 & Highriser05" !!

If i could install only 1 card to the slot 2 , then it would provide some extra space:rolleyes:

The other 7900gtx gotta go , its a shame tough... DARN DFi !!! I just cant understand the location of the northbridge.... its so STUPID that ***********************CK

Guest Retratserif

I have a piece of foam between my video card and Northbridge waterblock. It normally would be touching, I didnt really want that. I could see how a GTX would be a @#%^! ti fit in.

OK :D , but do you know can i istall 7900gtx to the pci-e port 2 only !!??

I have a fan installed to the highriser and its blowing directly to my 7900gtx cards pwm area !!! It heats up my card.... i have replaced the huge original coolers of the geforces with zalmans vga-coolers ! So theres some extra space but the pci-e slot 1 geforce heats up too much !!?? Thats why i wondered that can i install it to the pci-e slot 2 only :D

Oh well i got so bored with the northbridge cooling that i ordered a MSi K8N Diamond Plus

mobo... It has a fancy looking northbridge cooling , and im 150% sure that its better than the dfi nb cooler :D :D Lets see , when it arrives i test and then decide wich one to use...

Shame because this DFi mobo has so wide OC potential !!! Maybe on the next dfi board this problem is vanished :D

You can use the 2nd slot just fine, there are many MANY threads on this topic. Just set the slots to run at x8 x8 bandwidth instead of x16 x2.

NO you will not have a performance hit if you do this.

And don't blame DFI for the positioning of the 'northbridge' as EVERY nf4 board has it located there. As for the fan, well thats also discussed in a million threads.