Your opinions on razer copperhead mouse.

Its all a matter of opinion between the Razer Copperhead and the Logitech G5. I love the G5 simply because of the way it feels, I'm a big fan of how Logitech designs their mice...

However, if you want interchangeable weights. Go with the G5. You can buy it for the Copperhead from the Razer store, but by using the product you buy from Razer's own store, you void your warranty while you're at it.

Some people say interchangeable weights are stupid, but don't knock it 'till you try it.

If you know you aren't going to use the weights. Go to Best Buy and just try out the different mice and see which one you like the best...

Yeah, you're going to have to try both the G5 and the Copperhead out if you can because it's a matter of personal preference.

I have a Razer Copperhead and I love it. Great for online gaming and simply surfing. My friend has a G5 that I've dubbed the Jabba the Hutt of mice because it looks and feels fat and spread out. You definitely end up using more of your palm and resting the heel of your palm on the mouse more. One advantage it has is a changeable weight system, if that floats your boat.

With a Copperhead control is more in the fingers, especially the thumb and fourth finger and it has nice rubber grips on the side. You'll be resting your palm more on the mouse pad and I find it feels better for control. Remember that with any professional gaming mouse you'll have to use it for a while before you get really used to it.

I'm using the Steelpad 5L - no complaints, huge responsive surface but beware that the edges start to fray very quickly.

Yeah, you're going to have to try both the G5 and the Copperhead out if you can because it's a matter of personal preference.

I have a Razer Copperhead and I love it. Great for online gaming and simply surfing. My friend has a G5 that I've dubbed the Jabba the Hutt of mice because it looks and feels fat and spread out. You definitely end up using more of your palm and resting the heel of your palm on the mouse more. One advantage it has is a changeable weight system, if that floats your boat.

With a Copperhead control is more in the fingers, especially the thumb and fourth finger and it has nice rubber grips on the side. You'll be resting your palm more on the mouse pad and I find it feels better for control. Remember that with any professional gaming mouse you'll have to use it for a while before you get really used to it.

I'm using the Steelpad 5L - no complaints, huge responsive surface but beware that the edges start to fray very quickly.

I use a Logitech Mouse now that is basically the same shape as the Copperhead I bought. Except it's tracking sucks. I even swapped out the red LED with a IR one because the annoying red light bothered me and IR has better tracking. Still the tracking sucks though. Maybe the cheap cloth pad dirt or something. Anyway yeah the razer has like tons of lights on it so i might have to open it up and mod those beauties. Maybe buy the razer kit online for a custom look.

• 1 month later...

You can't really compare the Copperhead to anything else other than the G5 because the Copperhead has such a sensitive laser. The copperhead compared to anything other than a G5 will make it appear the Copperhead is much more sensitive.

The laser that Razer and Logitech uses are the EXACT same. Its the same laser made by Agilent. The big difference is in design.

OF COURSE the Copperhead beats out the Logitech MX500. But does it beat the G5? No. At least not technically.

Its all a matter of opinion. TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!

sorry but I got both mx518 and the copperhead, and for my purposes the copperhead is much nicer, the sensisitivity buttons on the mx518 I could never get used to so it was a con in my eyese.

Both are comfortable, it depends on how they feel in your hand (not mine)