OC:n & HDD:s

Long time no see :D

i have a couple of tricky questions for you wise dfi gurus

i have now 277*3*10*9/19 (249,xxmem)

1) Hdd:s are now with 2sec delay , and from mem options (dramdatadrivestrenght) is set to reduce 00% , my hdd:s are 120gb barracuda &

300gb barracuda.. both of those are defragmenting all the time... lots of errors...

every second time windows boots ---> takes lots of time = i check event viewer and theres "disk" DeviceHarddisk0D error on the device writing a swap or pagefile (dont know the english word) :D What causes that ? are my drives just

so crap ??? ive tought to change to maxtor , but should i ???

Drives are ports sata1 & sata2...

2) What should i use for the dram drive strenght "currently 2=normal"

3) everything else works perfectly (superPi=stable) & (prime95=stable)

just the hdd:s are blowing up :sad:

1) Maxtor is bad, avoid them

2) I just asked this same question in another thread, and was told that it is fairly random, and it is best just to experiment and see what works best. (Thanks caffeinejunkie)

i have just tried all the possible hdd:delays , and mem settings...

should i try the ports 2 & 3 ??

what hdd:s do others recommend ??? i think these are going to blow up any moment !!! chkdsk takes forever , and i have to do that every 3 day.... :(

i'm not using RAID , should i , can i because hdd:s not identical ???

BTW ive tried Western digital too = results were ---> i broke 3hdd:s and changed to seagate barracuda.... they said it was a faulty model....

I'm running wd's in raid 0 with no problems here and hardly defrag my system (I should do it more often I guess.