check disk cancelled by itself ??? !!!

ropittbul

Hello!

I have a problem with my RDX 200 CF-DR (2005/12/23). I have four hard drives Seagate sata 80gb in raid 0 , partitioned by three.

The problem is when I try to set the "check disk" property , after I restart the pc the check disk starts but it's being cancelled by itself.

There might be some settings that don't fit with the bios or what else can it be???

PLEASE HELP ME OR I WILL DIE SOON TRING...

Guest Kobalt

What happens when you run chkdsk from within windows itself in a command line?

do chkdisk drive: /f /x

C / properties / tooles / check now ...... after selecting the 2 optiones ....it says he wil make the check after i reboot.

OK , i reboot , the check starts ...but imediatly he stop LIKE I DO a cancel !!!

I don't know what should i do

Guest Kobalt
C / properties / tooles / check now ...... after selecting the 2 optiones ....it says he wil make the check after i reboot.

OK , i reboot , the check starts ...but imediatly he stop LIKE I DO a cancel !!!

I don't know what should i do

Check CPU with prime95, & RAM with memtest. Let those run 1 hour each. If all OK, then check voltages, and finally, yeah, could be HD going bad, but that would be strange...it shouldn't just stop. Could be virus also.

If you have a USB keyboard, try using the PS/2 adapter that came with it (should be purple). I had a similar problem on an old install and I thought I had it narrowed down to USB vs. PS/2 keyboard settings (that or GRUB (if you're not dualbooting Linux you don't have GRUB, so don't worry about it.)).