DFI expert & 2 x 7900 gt extreme

first off..id like to say hello to everyone since this is my first post :)

hey guys..

several questions here, not sur exactly the proper catagory to place them so i posted them in here.

anyways...

with a sli setup, does it matter which graf card u hook the monitor up to?

can some1 recommend a gpu air cooler that includes ramsinks and would fit in a dfi expert with 2 x 7900 gt?

when reading my cpu temps it reads 24c(idle) - 27c(full load) , is this normal on a dfi expert board? or the temp sensor is a bit off?

now..on to the psu, the 5v rail on my silverstone 600w psu fluctuates between 4.99v - 5.04v , should i be concerned with the fluctuating voltage? every other rails are rock steady.

thanks guys, BTW. full system specs in sig

Guest Retratserif

Not sure about the SLI, but those temps are just fine.

The PSU is well withen standard deviation too.

Guest Retratserif

Well you have your multi low, which is good for temps, and your fsb high, which can make hot ram, but good for mem bandwidth. You pulled it off nicely. You more than likey can go further with more tweaking, but if your happy, leave it.

I have the same ram. I believe it can get tighter than that. Keep updated here. Once I get mine going I will be diggin on that ram to get it higher fsb 1/1 and lower timings. Your core will prove to be different in allowances but you and me may still get the same timings.

o yea..i ddefinitly plan on takin this OC's as high as humanly possible

this ram was recomended to me by ryder off OCZ tec, he mentioned how the IC chips in these are able to hit 270+ fsb. my main goal with this oc is to get atleast 2700 - 2800 with a 1:1 ratio.

also..have u considered using active cooling on these ram sticks? is it even nessesary? im debating right now to yank off the northbridge fans off my old abit n asus board n slap em on top..jus a thought

Guest Retratserif

ITS ALIVE!!!!! I just booted into windoes after a 48 hour Cmos Clear!!!

I am hoping 2.8 also. We will see. We should also trade notes on timings.

Brb, I hve to put the ballistix's back in this PC and will be on other PC in a few. See ya.

with a sli setup, does it matter which graf card u hook the monitor up to?can some1 recommend a gpu air cooler that includes ramsinks and would fit in a dfi expert with 2 x 7900 gt?

when reading my cpu temps it reads 24c(idle) - 27c(full load) , is this normal on a dfi expert board? or the temp sensor is a bit off?

It does matter, some of the DVI outputs will not be active. Just try them to find the correct one.

The Expert still reads low, you can assume 10C higher than what its reads, but that still might not be right. If you plan on doing serious overclocking you should probably get an external probe.

ITS ALIVE!!!!! I just booted into windoes after a 48 hour Cmos Clear!!!

I am hoping 2.8 also. We will see. We should also trade notes on timings.

Brb, I hve to put the ballistix's back in this PC and will be on other PC in a few. See ya.

lol congrats, i had the same problem last night, i was OC'n the board for the first time and bein soo excited i forgot to drop the LTD to 3x and all hell broke loose, couldnt figure out why clearing cmos wouldnt help, so i ended up takin out the batt and unplugin it for about 15 min. worked out well and booted right back default cmos settings.

"We should also trade notes on timings"

be more than glad to

It does matter, some of the DVI outputs will not be active. Just try them to find the correct one.

ur right..it does matter, after sum trial n error the only dvi port i got working was the left side on the top card.

The Expert still reads low, you can assume 10C higher than what its reads, but that still might not be right. If you plan on doing serious overclocking you should probably get an external probe.

i was hoping i didnt have to..i have a probe that i forgot to put on the cpu when building..o well give me sumthin to do durin the weekend.

ur right..it does matter, after sum trial n error the only dvi port i got working was the left side on the top card.

SOunds familiar, mine was the bottom right if I recall. But then again I have one of those crazy upside down cases. :)

SOunds familiar, mine was the bottom right if I recall. But then again I have one of those crazy upside down cases. :)

i noticed in ur sig u have a WC setup also.. do u have any pics? tryin to get sum wiring ideas. yah kno..

BTW that hellgate sig is cool as hell, did u make it?

i noticed in ur sig u have a WC setup also.. do u have any pics? tryin to get sum wiring ideas. yah kno..

BTW that hellgate sig is cool as hell, did u make it?

Nah, AceGoober made it for me, he's pretty damn good. :)

Here's sort of what she looks like, I have a chipset cooler and a different graphics card now...as well as WAY better organization of hard drives and cables. Good thing I get to tear her apart this week too... :rolleyes:

minidsc004987bv.jpg

inside19an.jpg

openside2mb.jpg