Pwmic on the Ultra-D, not the 250!!

as far as the actual IC itself, I think it is right next to the 4 pin P4 and above the ATX socket in this picture nf3agpsm.jpg

The sensor is usually located between CPU and PWMIC MOSFETS.

may want to look at this for a better explanation if concerned with cooling.

This is an NF4 but will show you what I mewan by multiple locations

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...740&postcount=2

so what chip should i be cooling, can you show me w/ a circle? I will try to move a fan over it and see if the temps change at all

See the red things between the IDE plugs and the cpu socket? Aim a fan at that general area and you'll see a drop. I believe the actual IC's are just below the red (inductors?) things.

High temps can often be caused by poor circulation/case air flow.

Yes, you can put heatsinks on them.

feel like telling us some more info on the issue or should we just keep taking stabs in the dark :)

I believe the actual IC's are just below the red (inductors?) things.

I think they're called baluns, and that section of the board is pretty important to keep cool for a stable overclock.

I put a 120 blowing accross that section towards the rear of board, and 1 above it blowing on the mosfets and the cpu heatsink. Works well.

pic24ib.jpg

pic15il.jpg

High temps can often be caused by poor circulation/case air flow.

Yes, you can put heatsinks on them.

feel like telling us some more info on the issue or should we just keep taking stabs in the dark :)

I have no problem, just did a search for this and found nothing for the nf3 ultra-d, there was stuff for the nf4 and the nf3 250 but not for the ultra-d. Just trying to get the info out there and learn as much as I can about my board. Thanks for the great info, I know it will help someone else and it has helped me! :sweat: