PWMIC temps: broken censor? 90C+

I agree that CPU temperature depends on how good the IHS is attached, but CPU consumption should not be affected by this, right?

But, as you suggested, there might be something in different max t case specs, which vary from the particular CPU to CPU (all same type and stepping). How are they (AMD?) detemining this? What it actually means? Is it better (for OC) this spec to be lower or higher?

if the spec is higher it seems they overclock better to a degree, the 0608 I had ran at 1.5v 3005 with the ihs off, the 0610 I'm currently running does 2780 with stock voltage and 3005 with 1.625 ihs still on, so it does have some bearing on it but it isn't absolute, the 0606 didn't clock that well but most of them do 3ghz on low voltage so for the most part the higher the wattage the better the chip.

if the spec is higher it seems they overclock better to a degree, the 0608 I had ran at 1.5v 3005 with the ihs off, the 0610 I'm currently running does 2780 with stock voltage and 3005 with 1.625 ihs still on, so it does have some bearing on it but it isn't absolute, the 0606 didn't clock that well but most of them do 3ghz on low voltage so for the most part the higher the wattage the better the chip.

I would then understand this spec as the allowed max case CPU temperature by which the CPU still should function properly. That would make sense. My next guess would then be that the AMD when specifying it might be putting the CPU's into "oven", slowly increasing the ambient temperature (and possibly CPU frequency) and running some low-level CPU diagnostic SW, and then based on the results, AMD would grade the CPUs.

Does anyone have some insider info on how actually AMD (or even Intel) is grading the CPUs regarging their speeds?