OS on Raid 0 or other?

Guest Indred_merged

Guest Indred

I finally got my RAID 0 set up and I'm wandering. I have XP loaded on my 200g IDE hdd and i'm wandering how much i would benift from reinstallin XP on my RAID 0 config. Is it worth the time reinstalling or should i just leave it. I manily use my comp for games but my wife does use it for Photo Shop and Bryce. I have it set to 16k stripe and when i formated the RAID its at 16k block as well. I figured it would be best if its set to the same. Please give me your thoughts and ideas. I think most of my other info is displayed in my sig. Thanks !

Up to you. You would get faster boot times with xp on raid 0. If you don't feel like messing with it, put the page file on the raid 0 partition and set no page file for the ide. Overall you won't see that much difference, unless your ide hdd is an older one and/or your sata hdd's are raptors.

Guest Indred

Thanks for the comments I think i'll wait to reinstall xp but then again i'm not sure. Should i do a partition for the page file or just let it be. I'm thinking that is would be best to just to leave it like it is.