Computer reboot loop and now not able to POST

Here's the problem I've been having every single time.

- Windows XP Professional w/SP2 installation = Successful

- First start-up into Windows = Looping reboot

This is what I've tried. Failed means that the computer still continues to reboot after a clean install and upon starting up into Windows.

- Removed the Karajan module = Failed

- Removed M-Audio Revolution 7.1 card and TwinhanDTV card = Failed

- Disconnected all external devices (except for USB mouse, PS/2 keyboard, and monitor) = Failed

- I've written 0s to all my hard drives and let the Windows installation format using NTFS = Failed

- I've disconnected all of my additional drives except for the Western Digital Raptor 36GB SATA hard drive and the NEC ND-3520a DVD writer = Failed

- Removed the CMOS battery and reset the CMOS (changed the jumper) = Failed

- Updated the BIOS to most current BIOS update = Failed

- Updated the BIOS to the Beta BIOS update = No POST

All of the components successfully work on the Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9 motherboard I own.

This motherboard was given to me brand new as a gift, and I do have the receipt but the name on the receipt is my buddy's. Would I still be able to RMA this?

Thanks,

WG

Which settings are you using for your Processor and memory as far as voltages and timings go? Have you even tried Memtesting your memory modules to see if they need to be readjusted because that issue you're having is memory related.

Holy smokes.... got it working. I removed one of the DIMMs and everything booted up. I tried the other DIMMs afterwards and it booted up again. Doubt there's anything wrong with the RAM since it was pulled from a working system. The RAM is only a month old.

WG