GRRRRRR 4 LED's of hell

Well title says it. I just brought this mobo of someone, who had it for about 6 months, everything worked fine when he had it. So I buy it and get a Intel 630 Processor, 7900GT, right now I have a X600 Pro plugged into it, 7900 GT is in working computer :nod: I cant boot this damn thing. Those 4 leds underneath the ram are all lit instantly at boot. I also have lit the DRAM led that next to the first ram slot and the Standby LED that is underneath the PCIE x16 slot. I tried everything, reseating, went down to one stick of ram, went from a 6800 to X600 Pro, still no picture, cleared the CMOS and everything. I have no idea why this thing wont boot. Please help me.

Is it stuck in Standby mode somehow?

Anyone?

I just got done reseating everything. I did a over night clear the CMOS still nothing. Even when I take the ram or video card out, it still does this. It wont even give me any beeps, when the ram and video card is not in.

I strongly advise you to CLEAR the CMOS....

unplug the power cable from the PSU, move the CMOS jumper to the "clear" position, wait 1 minute, move it back to the "normal" position , replug the power cable, turn on the computer and imediately go into the BIOS and load "Optimized Defaults" .....give that a try

I strongly advise you to CLEAR the CMOS....

unplug the power cable from the PSU, move the CMOS jumper to the "clear" position, wait 1 minute, move it back to the "normal" position , replug the power cable, turn on the computer and imediately go into the BIOS and load "Optimized Defaults" .....give that a try

I already tried to clear the CMOS, well I got to go to work so I try it again.

Should I remove the battery also?

The 915P-T12 is very finicky with DDR1 modules. Many have switched over to DDR2 modules to eliminate their problems.

Another item that concerns me is the Thermaltake PSU. TT PSUs are not recommended for use for DFI motherboards due to their below-par performance. If you have another 24 pin PSU to use, of greater wattage and amperage, plug it in and see if the board will get up to POST stage.

Another item that concerns me is the Thermaltake PSU. TT PSUs are not recommended for use for DFI motherboards due to their below-par performance. If you have another 24 pin PSU to use, of greater wattage and amperage, plug it in and see if the board will get up to POST stage.

Good Call acegoober....Didn't notice he was using a 430w PSU let alone a Thermaltake....those PSU's are know to be underpowered...

You serious? In a non sarcastic way. Everything starts up and all, just no picture, so a power supply still can cause this? Well DDR2 memory is going to be tough to get right now as I have barely any more money I can put toward this little project. My friend has some Enermax power supply that is somewhere between 420 and 480 watts. Im going to take a stab at it and say its this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16817103457

If that would be enough power, I can test this comp with his if need to be. I heard great things about Thermatake power supplys to. Go figure!!

Before bed bump and quick question. I remember with a old HP I had, I took out the front audio and USB jacks since I moved it to a diffrent case for better cooling. I start it up and it wouldnt start up correctly(at least it boot). I had to plug in those connectors on the motherboard. Do I need to utilize these USB and audio jacks? Sounds stupid, but im really pissed off about this god damn motherboard and trying anything that comes to mind now.

I see, well he said I can try his power supply, so today or tomorrow I will give it shot. Out of curiosity, how is that better than mine. I understand it has more watts, and the rails are better. You should Thermatake motherboards dont mix well with this. How can a motherboard be picky on the power supply?

Read this

Thanks, really didnt know boards could be that picky on its power supply. I know someone who works at Office Depot and he said he can order me one through the store and it take about a week to come. So I was at this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16817103931 Yes or no? If not, what would be a good one that is less than 100? With his discount he will be able to get, I can get that one for about 70 bucks and that is about how much I can spend on one as my budget is tight. So anything under a 100 that would do a great job would be nice.