Cooler for 7900GTX

rightwingtroll

I just purchased the XFX PV-T71F-YDF9 GeForce 7900 GTX (665MHz) 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good cooler to replace the stock one with, or if the stock one is decent in itself. Angry recommended the Arctic Cooling NV Silencer if available, but I don't see any support for the 7900gtx on the AC website or anywhere else, although they do have the ARCTIC COOLING Accelero X1 Fluid Dynamic Bearing VGA Cooling Fan with Heatsink. I'm not sure if I should get that or if something else is recommended. Thanks again!

The stock cooler is pretty damn good dude, not noisy at all and mine stay under 50C no problem.

You might want to consider using some ceramique on it though, I have yet to do it but think it might improve my overclocking.

I'd buy watercooling for it but I intend to step up in 3 months anyways so I figure why buy a block that might be useless come then. I'm not sure there is a air cooler out right now that surpasses the stock one.

Guest shaolin95

I am currently testing 703/860 and no signs of artifacts...ran all benchies and games perfectly. NVLOG reported 59C as the highest temp...not bad.