SiI3114 SATA RAID5 BIOS 5.3.14 released yesterday.

As the topic says I noticed that Silicon Image released the 5.3.14 BIOS for the SiI3114 onboard controller. Would any kind soul like to mod the NF2 Ultra Infinity 6/19 (and if possible the 11/24) BIOS with it so I may attempt to flash my board with it & try it out please?

I have to buy 2 new HD's since the one in my sig died last Saturday afternoon so it would be most appreciated if someone with more knowledge than I could do this mod for me to test with my new drives.

SiI3114 BIOS Page -> http://www.siliconimage.com/support/suppor...&ctid=2&osid=0&

Direct link to BIOS -> http://www.siliconimage.com/docs/BIO-003114-x105314.zip

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will in a few mins for ya ;).

Tmod does'nt seem interested in this at all...

I added the raid 5 bios to my beta bios myself, and it does startup just fine.

Though I don't have a sinlge sata drive so I can't say for 100%, ut I'm sure it works fine.

If you are willing to verify, at min, single drive, or raid(any raid), that would be cool.

Raid 5 would be even better.

Anyways I'll doit in a little bit.

Check back in an hour or so.

I'm having problems uploading it to savefile.

:(:(

Wait a while I guess..., this blows.

I allready ame a 1124 mod.

If you really want 619 as well you're gonan have to tell me which one, as there's 2 diffrent official ver's.

Beta, then the official release.

Both are diffrent.

Both from dfi though.

So that's up to you.

I assume that 1124 is good enough to test with though, and if it's working fine, I can make ya another bios of your choice.

I'll try again in 10mins and etc.

Update:

Got it uploaded, was some strange cookie issue, I had to log off and login back into savefile...

So it's all good,the link:

http://www.savefile.com/files/9288454

I had the 5222 ver in my bios a while back, that's the one I tried anyways.

I just added this one to my biso as well, so if it works at min, as the other sata roms do(ide emu mode, raid 0 and 1 modes), then It's staying there.

I'm interested in raid5 for sure.

Thanks NeoAether, I'll give it a try when my new drives turn up during the week. Only ordered 2 so I can't try RAID5 & I'll likely be running them as RAID1.

As you can see in my sig I use the 11/24 with 5.0.5.2 SATA BIOS right now so the 11/24 is fine by me I only asked for the 6/19 because more people seem to use it (or mods of it) over the 11/24.

Just a quick question. I have the NF2 Ultra Infinity, not wanting to sound like a n00b but will this bios be OK as you've listed it as DFI 1124 LPB BIOS with RAID5 module. Are the UI & LPB BIOSes the same is what I'm asking. I know the boards are to all intents & purposes the same (disregarding the PCB & port colours & the LEDs on the LPB) but I'd like to be 100% sure before I try the BIOS flash out.

Thanks for the help.

Semi-bump & semi-begging post.

My 2 new drives arrived today (as now listed in my sig) & I really would like the updated SiI 3114 BIOS on my NF2 UI so I can install (and slipstream) Windows XP using the 1.4.3.0 SiI 3114 drivers instead of the 1.0.0.8.

Some kind soul please help me out (or link me to info on how to mod the BIOS so I can learn how to do it myself).

Thanks in advance.

I'll post the mods in a few hours, I'm priming right now.

Trying to lower vdd to it's min, it's prime, superpi stable.

But not s&m stable, I still get 1 error in test#4.

I'll up my vdd a bit later after I eat and stuf and do those mod for you guys :).

Sorry about the wait and all, here's a pack for ya, includes a newer ver of awdflash, thee ver of cbrom, 2 bath files to for doing the sata yourself, and bios'es allready modified with the 5314 raid 5 sata rom ;).

619 official, 1124 official for the lpb.

Same for the inf too, but I have no idea if those are beta or official bios'es.

Have fun and post back results please :).

http://www.savefile.com/files/7034530

You were in such a hurry before, now no feedback.

I got a PM from Mailbu Stacey asking to mod the 11/24 for him/her and never heard anything back either.

Then you wondered why I had no interest in this project. :)

Tmod