Ps2 Is Gone!!!

so guys .. thats it ...

i have two mouses, one is RF Laser Mouse, that works fine.. with no problem...

The other one is optical ps2 mouse, thats dont work anymore...

At the beginig both of them workeds fine, simultanious, and soon after the ps2 one started to stock sometimes, just came back working when i rebooted the system,

my lp utra-d is working just for a month, so now its (mouse) PS2 is not working anymore, but the mouse keeps with energy supply and working, because i had already tried another mouse, and occurs the same problem... i tried everything, with and without the usb one, that keeps saving me...

my mouse is working fine ... but the ps2 is just gone... tried flashing the bios, thats updated, and nothing ...

im thinkind in returns it to newegg! what do you think that problem is?

thanks!!!

Ps2 ports only need one spark to fry.

Unplugging a ps2 mouse when the system is running (hot swap) is a sure way to waste that port. I did this to a msi board, and had basically the same problem your having now. If you return board, knowing you hot swapped, im sure it will only take dfi engineers a few minutes to see what occured, a void warrenty.

Maybe keep this post near top to try and get info on how to test it with a multimeter.

In my case, frying that port forced me to buy my first mobo, which was the DFI LP 875 pro. Ive increased my computer knowledge so much from frying that port:)

Ps2 ports only need one spark to fry.

Unplugging a ps2 mouse when the system is running (hot swap) is a sure way to waste that port. I did this to a msi board, and had basically the same problem your having now. If you return board, knowing you hot swapped, im sure it will only take dfi engineers a few minutes to see what occured, a void warrenty.

Maybe keep this post near top to try and get info on how to test it with a multimeter.

In my case, frying that port forced me to buy my first mobo, which was the DFI LP 875 pro. Ive increased my computer knowledge so much from frying that port:)

so man .. the port was working fine ... but it stoped working for some while.. than got back working ... for some days ... now its just stoped working!!!!