New Expert board not liking 4 x 512MB

BF2 also needs 2 Gig's to run smoothly on the highest settings at 1600x1200.

I tried DRAM 10 and 11 and both times it failed at 1T DDR400. 2T DDR400 is rock solid stable at DRAM 11. I can't tell you how nice it is to have a 100% reliable computer again. :) Still, it'd be great to get to 1T with this board since others can, my last Expert included... I might try DRAM 13 and 15 later at 1T.

hey vtec, are you overclocking any, or just running stock?

sorry, I guess you answered that in your sig. My bad.

• 10 months later...

My DFI Expert won't boot. 4 LED's light up. I had this exact same thing happen to my last Expert almost exactly 12 months ago. Back then, and again this evening, I got an electric shock when hitting the power button on my PC case. After that, neither board would get past 4 LED's.

The first time this happened I transported every piece of hardware from the old, non-functioning Expert board to the new Expert without problems. The board ran great all year, except now I'm stuck with two non-functioning boards.

I never got the old one fixed although I still have it. I've tried the work arounds including following the proper CMOS reset procedure. No dice. I'm under the assumption now that both boards have a corrupted BIOS, is this plausible? I suppose I need to send them to DFI to get reset? Any idea how long this takes?

I'm stunned...