OCZ or Muskin ram for DFI mobo?

opti

SuperPi is more like a useless memory bandwidth benchmark and overrepresents memory bandwidth. It would be better to run a real-world "benchmark", aka not any artificial benchmark.

When it comes to OCZ and Mushkin, I doubt you will see any systematic difference in performance, reliability or service. G.Skill would be another one, usually cheaper but probably not as good with service (not as big a U.S. office).

Memtest is a good tool to use then?

I don't want "cheaper" ram. I don't mind spending money on something if its going to be better. I'm a strong believer of you get what you pay for.

I have been always under the assumption that OCZ is the best ram for DFI boards, from what I was reading when I first built my rig a year ago, but I have seen ppl with Muskin as well now and I was just wondering...

The OCZ people have a close relationship with DFI, spending time working on BIOS revisions and giving close support for memory issues. So naturally people here are going to recommend OCZ, because they know it works and the support is good. But I'm sure Mushkin would work just as well for ya.

My Mushkin PC4000 (DDR500) works great for me, although it would not overclock past DDR530, so I had to put it on a divider. But for all I know, the OCZ at the same price would run at the same speed.