How Do I Get My....

Nerm

Other thread was getting cluttered, so I'm remaking the thread and throwing in the info about the folding banner.

The rules for getting the Alien Head (SETI@Home Team)

1-You must join the OverclockersClub SETI Team.
    2-Your name on the forums AND on the SETI@Home team must be the exactly the same name. - It is helpful if your names do not contain any special characters or spaces.
    3-You must complete at least one work unit, you may actually finish more before you are added.
    4-Once an Admin notices you are on the team, you will be added to the SETI user group for the forums. At this time, you receive your icon. - No one else can add you, so don't ask.

The rules for getting the DNA Strand (Folding@Home Team)

1-You must join the OverclockersClub Folding Team.
    2-Your name on the forums AND on the Folding@Home team must be the exactly the same name. - It is helpful if your names do not contain any special characters or spaces.
    3-You must complete at least one work unit, you may actually finish more before you are added. - One WU is not the same as a step.
    4-Once or twice a week, an automatic script is run, which checks the team stats. New users who have completed at least one WU, are then automatically added to the folding forum user group. This is when you receive your icon.

Information about the Folding@Home Banner:

1-Once you have been entered into the folding@home forum user group, you will have the ability to add the folding@home banner to your signature.
    2-To add the banner to your signature, go to the OCC Folding Page. Choose the banner you want to use (the banners will be listed towards the bottom of the page). Copy and paste the banner code from the "banner code" box to your "Edit Signature" box in your control panel. Change the default name in the code to the name you use for Folding@Home and then click "Update my Signature".
    3-If you are removed from the team due to inactivity (or any other reason), the banner will no longer show up in your signature.

To maintain your status on the team, that is to keep your icon, there is one simple rule:

Continue to do WUs for the team. If a week goes by and you haven't completed a WU, you will be removed from the team user group in the forums, and thus lose your icon and/or folding image.

Q: I was removed from the team, because I hadn't done any WUs, can I rejoin?

A: Yes. Just start doing WUs again.

Q: Can I join all of the teams?

A: Yes.

Q: I paste the html code from this page into my signature, but the folding banner doesn't show up, only the code.

A: The most likely cause is one of two things. The banner causes your sig to violate one of the sig rules by making your sig to big or cause it to have too many images. The other possibility is that you did not copy and paste the code correctly. Double check the steps above to make sure you didn't miss anything.

Q: Does OCC perticipate in the DistributedFolding.org project?

A: No. OCC perticipates in the Stanford Folding@Home project, NOT the DistributedFolding.org project. These are two separate projects.

Q: Does the TKC team have an icon/forum?

A: Currently, no.

-------------------------------

Topic updated: 05/23/07