Chipset cooler? PWMIC cooling?

Mine is pretty hot, i'm looking to get these temps down i'm at 38/38 idle for both.

I've heard people have been bumping up their chipset vcore to 1.8 for more stability.

What aftermarket chipset cooler are YOU using? Also, how are you cooling your pwmic chips, if you are?

Can't see my exact temps right now (not at home), but my cooling is pretty okay... ;)

Chipset is modded with a CoolerMaster Blue Ice (blue LED) and my AX800Pro with a Zalman VRF700-Cu (also blue LED). Together they do a good job in cooling the chipset , because of the positioning of the nF3 250GB chip right under the AGP slot. (Usually the chipset fan doesn't even spin when I set the lower temp limit of the chipset fan to 40°C in Smartguardian).

My CPU is cooled by a Arctic Freezer 64 Pro, which has the nifty feature of also cooling the PWMIC's. Have a look here to see for yourself.

$p00f3r.

Guest Blooz1

I'm using a Zalman passive sink on the chipset. Temps for both the chipset and pwmic stay nice and cool - 32/34 idle, never more than 38C load.

My CPU cooler is a Zalman 7000b AlCu, which also lets a lot of cool air through the fins and down over the pwmic area.

When I was first using my board, my chipset temps were much higher. I found out why when I removed the stock HS - it only had contact with about 50% of the area of the top of the chip!

The Zalman I'm using is also lapped - I've used 5-6 of these over the past 2-3 years or so, and 4 of 'em needed lapping to make full contact! I also use AS Ceramique, no thermal pads.

Guest Blooz1

Seriously Joop?

So what's the reading I get in MBM5 with that label? (using soundx98's nF3 file)

It's never been anything wacky, rises and falls idle/load in line with what I get for CPU temps.

I know board sensors can be totally useless - my Asus A7N8X - E is like that!

Seriously Joop?

So what's the reading I get in MBM5 with that label? (using soundx98's nF3 file)

It's never been anything wacky, rises and falls idle/load in line with what I get for CPU temps.

Seriously. 3 sensors with 250GB, CPU, PWMIC which is North of the CPU, and a borad sensor located near the bottom middle. None near the NF3 chip.

Seriously Joop?

I'm just ready with make a post (#47) about this (and a little more) in the Smartguardian Sticky. :nod:

Here is the link:

DFI LanParty UT nF3 250GB

A little details about ITE I/O with Environment Controller, the Intersil PWM Controller and on-board Temp. sensors:

I also use a modded CoolerMaster Blue Ice it works grate on the chip set and never had a problem with the pwmic readings till i installed the Big Typhoon cpu cooler Its so big it blocks air movement around the reading sincer. So i got a new fan this weekend and gonna try that if it dont help its BT mod time :nod: