hot hot hot

i have this non contact infrared thermometer and i was taking readings off of the memory and as close to the cpu i can (off of the heatsink)

the hardware doc says one thing, but the thermometer says it's lower...i know there should be a difference because of the location of the sensing unit

right now i am dual priming at 250 x 16

vcore 1.43 vdimm 2.9 and agp 1.6

hardware doc says roughly 65c

thermometer reading at the base of the heatsink is no more than 42-44, the accuracy is listed as +/- 3 degrees

here's where it gets weird....the mobo mounting post closest to the memory slot reads 85C...i have no clue how this is happening...any ideas?

the rest of the mobo seems fine for temps

it's a handheld device with a laser pointer and i am aiming it at the edge of the copper block of the heatsink, which is the closest i can get to the cpu as possible

i dual primed for 18 hours with no errors with the above settings...hardware doc says 62-64 C, but my thermometer read a lot lower by 20 c lower

i am very curious about the mobo mounting post...on the mobo tray, there's these posts that the mobo snaps into place with no need for screws and that one by the ram slots is freekin hot...i took the dual 80mm fan cage from the rear of the case and added the 2nd fan and right now, it's aimed at the memory and that mounting post

i am happy than a pig in . that i got 4 ghz finally

i found a good deal on a cooler master stacker case for 132, swapped everything out and the mobo sits on stand-offs and the screw in the same position is cool...in fact, everything is cooler...nice case