Opteron 165 Overclockin

Pr4y3r

Hello.

I had some problems getting my previous cpu over 2500mhz (x2 3800+) and now i got problems with this one aswell!

My friend bought this amd opteron 165 , and sold it to me i saw it running @ his home 2700Mhz flawless! (he wasnt running same PSU).

Hes running same mobo (Dfi Lanparty Nf4 ultra-d)!.

I tried it here , and the highest speed i could reach was 2400Mhz with 1.450 vcore , all other was too unstable , SAME PROBLEM as with the x2 3800+! Ive been switchin my memory , and now i bought this cpu. :cool:

Ive been asking peeps , and most of them tells me i need some better power supply , maybe the Watts arent enough or the power rails are too unstable!

Im running the gfx @ 1.5v , high clocks. 2gb crucial mem @ 270Mhz (3 hour memtest86 stable),1hdd 200gb,dvdr/cdr combo drive and a floppy (these are the things thats connected to the power supply). Some other people tells i should switch my mobo! but the same model?

What do you guys think about this?

Ive been messing around with dividers,HTT and stuff but this looks like it's some hardware prob!

New PSU or MOBO?

Please help! :confused:

Hi have you droped the HT to x3 this sounds like your problem.

also can you go to your sig and updat with everything you are using, ie 1 or two video cards, power supply, hard drives, dvd roms, ECT.

This will let outhers see what your system is and then can give advice.

Hi have you droped the HT to x3 this sounds like your problem.

also can you go to your sig and updat with everything you are using, ie 1 or two video cards, power supply, hard drives, dvd roms, ECT.

This will let outhers see what your system is and then can give advice.

Sig updated!

Yeah , ive tried 3x and even lower ... same problem :/

play w/ drive strength.

When i was oc my system wouldn't boot until i set the readpreamble higher. I initially had 5.0. leaving all my settings the same i increased the preamble to 5.5 and the system booted and was superpi stable.

You need to set the settings for your setup. Not every setup is the same.