slight stutters

I installed some new ram in my pc, and games/movies kept crashing within 10mins of loading. This was Corsair XMS PC3500LL Pro series (2x1GB) ram. They were in slots 1 and 3, and I ran memtest and got a crapload of errors. Then I switched them to slots 2 and 4 and got very few errors, and I no longer get ANY crashes, but every 1-2hours, my movies or games studder/freeze for about 2 secs, the sound makes weird noises, then comes back. Since its not too horribily frequent, I do not mind it so much, but would like to know why. The ram runs memtest fine with each stick seperatly, but together gets minimal errors. I am using Corsairs settings they said over the phone, and they said it is most likely the motherboard. I personally think their ram doesn't run perfectly at CAS2 like they say it does, and they are bs'ing their timings, since I have had no problems with this motherboard, and was using Corsair ram prior to this. Any help? Although it is CAS2 ram im going to try running it at CAS2.5, even though that is the whole reason I ordered this expensive ram. I'll see where it gets me. Thanks (all specs are up to date in my profile except for the new ram and im running xp pro 32-bit SP2 now)

Well, if your running the RAM at the recommended settings... and you have the recommended voltage settings set... AND you get Memory Errors... then I would certainly consider an RMA.

I would check each stick individually... it might be only one stick that is bad...

I had bought 2 sticks of Mushkin and ran the memory test on each individually... specifically test 5.

It turns out only 1 of the sticks was BAD... so newegg really helped me out and the RMA was EZ for a single stick.

Well no matter how many times i run the memtest, or for what period of length, it never throws any errors when i put them in seperatly. But together, it always throws errors, on test 7 namely, in slots 2 + 4 or 1 + 2. I am confused to what the problem exactly is. As for the opteron guy, that fix isn't exactly for my problem, but thanks for the input.

Well no matter how many times i run the memtest, or for what period of length, it never throws any errors when i put them in seperatly. But together, it always throws errors, on test 7 namely, in slots 2 + 4 or 1 + 2. I am confused to what the problem exactly is. As for the opteron guy, that fix isn't exactly for my problem, but thanks for the input.

That fix IS for your problem. It is for ALL dual core AMD processors. My friend had an OPTERON and was having stuttering problems in games. The fix did fix it.

Try it!!!