Is MOBO DEAD????

HI guys,

I flashed my BIOS to version 6/19 and now it wont boot, I reset the bios took out the battery and still it wont boot, it tries then dies. Did I fry my mobo?

Thanks,

Guest Dynamic

Where did you get that bios and was it specified for your Expert? Have you tried the 8hr CMOS CLEAR?

Note: Look into this thread here and scroll all the way to the "Important Info" where you should be more inform with more troubleshooting guides to help you out if you haven't messed anything up.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20823

Unplug the PSU. Pull the battery out. Move the CMOS jumper to clear.

Leave it alone for a long time.

Put it all back together and give it a try. If you can get to the BIOS, load optimized defaults and save and exit.

You can also try pressing (and holding) the 'insert' key while trying to power up.

If this doesn't help you most likely need to get your BIOS chip reflashed.

-- Please add the NF2 you are working on to your sig --

When I turn on the power it tries to start but then shuts off. Can it be that I fried something? It is like it is getting no power or something burned out. NO power at all, after it tries to boot and shuts down I press the reset button and the power button and nothing. I hope it is the BIOS.

Would anyone know where there is (Move the PC Speaker jumper to the ON position)

on the NF2 Ultra B mobo i can find this jumper, I looked all over. Cant find it anywhere.

Please let me know, please.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

The 4 lights dont even get a chance to come on, the mobo tries to boot but under 1-2 seconds it shuts down think there can be a short some where, right now i took out the battery and put the CMOS jumper on reset will leave untill saturday. And then follow the instructions on how to start it up with the insert button on the keyboard. Hope this works if not then I am forced to use Abit NF7-S mobo instead and throw this one in th trash, I really dont want to loose this mobo like it more then Abit.I know where I made my mistake I forgot to reset everything after flashing the BIOS. Stupid me.

This statement here <<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>

This possibly relates to your Heat Sink Fan not seated correctly on your cpu, it aint makeing decent contact and its shutting down to prevent the cpu burning up. Rather than thinking "Oh no i have done it right" i would pull it and reseat it just to make sure. Better safe than "Fried"

Yeah that reseting to Optimised settings can be a real biatch ;)