Can't get Ballistix Stable @ 280HTT

Note: The previous owner could get them to [email protected] Stable (but with Opteron)

I'm currently using the 704-2BTA BIOS, 3-3-3-8 @2.85 and the rest are auto. I've tried fiddling with just about everything. I've tried weak and normal drive strengths, relaxing the read preamble and max async, played with some tref, I just can't get it stable. Prime fails within 1-10 minutes.

My A64:

gg5oy.jpg

Previous Owners A64:

a64tweak8vo4ye.jpg

I've spent all day today trying to find some working Drive/Data Str's, Norm3 and Weak3 seemed to be the best, but I have yet to try the lesser values...

Any suggestions?

I haven't tried finding my max, I remember back in the day when I got this mobo and cpu I primed at 320HTT and was fine. I also clocked my TCCD up to 295ish on this mobo/proccy without issues. I assume it might be my mem controller, going to try my friends proccy tonight

On the other side, I memtested from 6AM until now and only had 10 errors in test 5...

hehe

Before reading your post I loosened my read preamble to 7ns, auto was setting it to 6.5, and I memtested 26 loops of test 5 before I only got 2 errors, compared to 10 errrors with 7 loops before. I think I might've gotten it, but I will try that trfc and loosening MAL and RP, but I think the errors are from heat. I DO have a 92mm enermax on em, pushing 60CFM of air, but those suckers are HOT! I am going to try lower volts, and see if it runs at all. Would 2x80mm fans with a lower CFM per fan amount be better than 1x90? They would cover the entire sticks too..

I only had a single 92mm. I also had temp sensors on them, tucked under the heatspreader. They go up to 60C uncooled, only 33C or so tops with the fan.

To be honest, those settings were with an A8N32, but I imagine that the Ultra-D should be equal to it. Sounds like you're getting there anyway. :)

Tried what you said, I keep getting these two damned errors in the later Test 5 Passes (25+/- Passes)

I even had my friend bring over his 3200+DFI Ultra-d (very very different rev and steppings) and he recieved the same exact error at test 21. Could it be the memory controllers on opterons are that much more superior to those on the 3200+ or is the memory just maxed?

The funny thing is that I could CS:S for days without a crash at these settings, and bench anything except prime without em failing. Could it be that the previous owner of these sticks didn't run prime? He told me he did everything else though

Edit:

Ain't heat either, slapped on 2 higher speed 80mm and put a box fan in front of the case side with the door off, still errored =0

Edit2:

Tried testing at 279, I guess the Man upstairs is making me repent for my sins because it ran 45 passes of test5 without an error, going to prime now..

I want 280 so bad, nice and even and it is the exact max on my CPU :sad:

Edit3: WOW still can't prime...