How do i raise my Vcore?? No boot

tbogstad

everytime i try to raise my Vcore any above stock , i can't boot, and i have to reset the bios to get the system to boot again.

i have the same problem with ddr volts, and i had the same problem on my friend NF4-D motherboard, if i raised the ddr ram volts above 2.7V it would not boot???

This is my first DFi board , so i am a total noob to the bios in this thing, but i have been overclocking computers for over 10 years, so i am just lost in these huge amount of bios options.

i want to get my opty 165 up to 2.6GHZ atleast, and i think the 1.32V the core is reading in the bios won't be enough.

i am at 2.250ghz right now with 1.32V core

Since it's your first post: Welcome!

If you feel a bit lost when it comes to Bios settings, I would recommend you to study the "AMD overclocking guide": http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20823

If this doesn't help, a good option could be to post a list of your "Genie Bios". As you describe it I can't figure out what settings you have; you have a startup value, and then the usual vcore which can be adjusted with the special vcore. Since you don't need to get more voltage to RAM than what a default setting of the jumper gives you, theres just one option concerning RAM voltage in Bios to change.

But: have you qualified you RAM before starting to do any changes? You do good in testing your RAM in Memtest to make sure your settings work.

core temps is 42C

heck maybe i will not need any exta volts to get to 2.6ghz stable, fingers crossed, that would be like getting a FX60 for $265.00 which is what i paid for the oem 165 from monarch.

i have memtested the ram already and it never errors unless i got over 265mhz cas3,4,4,8,1T , or over 217mhz cas2,3,2,5,1T

better than a regular true 550watt, i realise i have no where to plug in the 8pin eps connector, but i wonder if they were slightly better quality PSU's, maybe slight ly more amps capable???

also i am runnig 2gb ram, i have another 2 x 1gb mushkin, i could run 4gb at cas3,3,3,8,1t with a memory divider right???

i also have 2 x 512mb hyper-x bh-5 i could add and run 3gb at cas2,3,2,5,1T

i relise neither of the option would make little difference in anything except cad/cam or photo shop, or video encodeing, but i have the ram sitting here unused, so i might as well put some more of it in.

i am now at 1.4V core, setting the startup volts ot anything but startup cause my machine to not boot, but the % will raise it plenty, so i don't need to raise startup volts any.

i want too see how high i can go with 1.4V core, if i can get 2.6ghz totally stable in everything. then i will be happy to run that 24/7

since i had a opty 148 that ran 2.6ghz 24/7 stable at 1.4V core before this, I would have almost double the power, and i only paid $50.00 more for the 165 then i sold the 148 for.